Sign the Petition

55 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Even so.  All it takes is ONE incident to make the 10 o'clock news and for sure they will be wishing they had put a policy in place.

yup

23 minutes ago, Allegro said:

Should judges who been convicted of said offenses be allowed to adjudicate DCI events?

IMO....if they do not have direct contact with the performers, DCI would be fine from what I have seen in other places. However if they interact with the kids at any point, then yes. 

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you mean like the lawyers were good on licensing until they weren't?

Actually no, Jeff. I simply said that the DCI Office Holders more than likely will  do what 1-3 of their Lawyers recommend doing( or not doing) on this issue. I took no position on whether or not their DCI lawyers recommendations will be " good " or not. The level of the quality of advice in the legal field today runs the gamut from superior to legal malpractice... and everything in between.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Even so.  All it takes is ONE incident to make the 10 o'clock news and for sure they will be wishing they had put a policy in place.

...or one smart lawyer to point out that a petition circulated on the topic..and said petition was eventually presented to management...and management did nothing about it...

2 hours ago, Allegro said:

Should judges who been convicted of said offenses be allowed to adjudicate DCI events?

well... at least not the Bluecoats " Criminal " themed show, imo...

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The level of the quality of advice in the legal field today runs the gamut from superior to legal malpractice... and everything in between.

Given the complexity, lack of clarity and sometimes outright contradictions in the ethical rules, being superior is no guarantee of insulation from malpractice.  So in that sense, you can sometimes run that gamut while standing still.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Actually no, Jeff. I simply said that the DCI Office Holders more than likely will  do what 1-3 of their Lawyers recommend doing( or not doing) on this issue. I took no position on whether or not their DCI lawyers recommendations will be " good " or not. The level of the quality of advice in the legal field today runs the gamut from superior to legal malpractice... and everything in between.

many band circuits were also given the same advice DCI was, and they don't have DCi's resources to cut a huge check like DCI and WGI and DCA did. so no, lawyers arent infallible. and given the climate recently staring with Weinstein and spreading, they'd be seriously wise to cover their ###

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

, lawyers arent infallible. and given the climate recently staring with Weinstein and spreading, they'd be seriously wise to cover their ###

Absolutely... and do Lawyers always do the right thing by/for their clients ? heck no... thats when the OTHER parties lawyers oftentimes shine on behalf of THEIR clients.

Will DCI's attorneys advise DCI correctly and legally on what to do on this issue ? Well, I suppose only time will tell us that.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, MikeN said:

So... is it that we don't think DCI has any rules protecting themselves from this situation?  Or that we don't like the rule they have?  Does anyone even know?

Mike

I would imagine in these times, they would have a rule. As there as been nothing to show they do have one, I'm guessing they do not. For all we know they are discussing it now