Sign the Petition

No corps has announced that Christopher Plummer is taking over as director, right? Cause that would be a sign.

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No corps has announced that Christopher Plummer is taking over as director, right? Cause that would be a sign.

nor Christopher Walken, cause he's got a fever

36 minutes ago, MikeN said:

https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/cgi-bin/?page_id=297

Only about 2% of all rape and related sex charges are determined to be false, the same percentage as for other felonies (FBI). So while they do happen, and they are very problematic when they do, people claim that allegations are false far more frequently than they are and far more frequently than for other crimes. 

If you parse it out, that is a bit different from what Jeff was saying. His attorney friend was saying 'accusations', which may or may not end up being legal 'charges' made against a person. It is possible that both of you are correct.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

nor Christopher Walken, cause he's got a fever

...but I would not trust him to give swimming lessons...though that could be an interesting twist on WSS for Cadets if they want to do that again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it doesn't have to be and there's no law that says it should be

If lack of a legal requirement is the reason to not make the policy public; well it is 'legal' for a 50 year old to have sex with 16 year olds in 20 States. So if there is no law against it in those States then why push for youth organizations in those States to make a public policy announcement that the adults on staff are forbidden from fraternizing and having sex with the16 year olds in the organization?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

thanks! I'll be sharing that with the lawyer I spoke with. 

My guess would be defense lawyers would agree with your friend,  but prosecutors would say sexual offenses are under reported, and those that are most likely are true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

If you parse it out, that is a bit different from what Jeff was saying. His attorney friend was saying 'accusations', which may or may not end up being legal 'charges' made against a person. It is possible that both of you are correct.

good point. thanks Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

And has always had one.

But we still do not actually know if this is true. DCI apparently keeps their policy on this secret away from the public, and all we have is Jeff's third party posting that he has talked to someone on the inside who's says....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stu said:

But we still do not actually know if this is true. DCI apparently keeps their policy on this secret away from the public, and all we have is Jeff's third party posting that he has talked to someone on the inside who's says....

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.'”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1