Sign the Petition

On 11/10/2017 at 1:35 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

If this is true, I am curious as to why that is.

"Why do you rob banks?"
"That's where the money is."

Actually, as a more serious answer, I believe much of it has to do with the trends in hiring teachers/instructors who are not yet old enough to (a) make mature decisions, or (b) view themselves as sufficient removed from the student population on order not to view them as natural and potential mates.

Edited by Eleran
grammar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MikeN said:

https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/cgi-bin/?page_id=297

Only about 2% of all rape and related sex charges are determined to be false, the same percentage as for other felonies (FBI). So while they do happen, and they are very problematic when they do, people claim that allegations are false far more frequently than they are and far more frequently than for other crimes. 

That doesn't mean only 2% ARE false.  The key word is "determined".   It is often impossible to prove that something didn't happen.  Which is one reason proof of innocence is not required under our laws.  

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

That doesn't mean only 2% ARE false.  The key word is "determined".   It is often impossible to prove that something didn't happen.  Which is one reason proof of innocence is not required under our laws.  

Not just often, it is completely impossible to prove a negative.

14 hours ago, Stu said:

But we still do not actually know if this is true. DCI apparently keeps their policy on this secret away from the public, and all we have is Jeff's third party posting that he has talked to someone on the inside who's says....

Although I've never met him, I would think Mr. Ream is a credible source.  DCI has a policy.   That's good.   Now you don't want that to true?

This thread has devolved into that Monty Python logic skit.  If....she.....weighs the same as a duck,.... she's made of wood.   And therefore?......  A Witch!!!!   Burn her!!!

...I got better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Although I've never met him, I would think Mr. Ream is a credible source.  DCI has a policy.   That's good.   Now you don't want that to true?

I want to believe in the credibility of Jeff; I want to believe DCI actually has a policy. But it matters not what I want nor what I believe. What matters, as it applies to us knowing the actual verifiable truth, is that DCI is very secretive and Jeff is a third party relaying info from sources who may or may not be telling the truth depending on a multitude of factors. So all we know is circumstantial anicdotal info without the ability to verify the validity of said info.

Has anyone actually seen, read or have a copy of this so called DCI policy, or is it tucked away in one of Al Capone’s faults to be discovered at a later date? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

This thread has devolved into that Monty Python logic skit.  If....she.....weighs the same as a duck,.... she's made of wood.   And therefore?......  A Witch!!!!   Burn her!!!

And that, ladies and germs, is the essence of everything posted on DCP!!! :91_thumbsup: