2018 Academy Brass Staff

The Academy is pleased to introduce the 2018 educational team for the Brass section. The faculty includes several familiar names to the organization, as well as some new individuals teaching with The Academy for the first time. Auditions are coming soon. Register online and attend one of our audition events to be held in Southern […]

View the full article

Am I the only one that finds it annoying that each one of these  newsfeeds starts its own topic?  They flood the topics and push down and out of sight the topics started be human beings.  

If it's just me, I'll shut up now.  If not, could there be a solution?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Maybe a DCI news updates of the day thread? That would cut last night's deluge from 9 posts to 1.

13 hours ago, skevinp said:

Am I the only one that finds it annoying that each one of these  newsfeeds starts its own topic?  They flood the topics and push down and out of sight the topics started be human beings.  

and most of these recently posted "news" feeds are a week or more late from when the corps  announced these on their own websites, Cad..alina posted the same on the staff announcements thread,  and posters have discussed. The DCP news editor seems to have other interests than following DCP.

Will Michael Klesch still be writing the Music for The Academy for 2018 ? ( maybe the answer to my question will be revealed when Academy releases their info on the " Design Staff " which states on their website will be " coming soon"... but thought  I'd ask if anybody here already knows. )

Edited by BRASSO

On 11/3/2017 at 11:19 AM, BRASSO said:

Will Michael Klesch still be writing the Music for The Academy for 2018 ? ( maybe the answer to my question will be revealed when Academy releases their info on the " Design Staff " which states on their website will be " coming soon"... but thought  I'd ask if anybody here already knows. )

Howdy Brasso, According to THE ACADEMY's recent announcement: "Lead Staff In Place For the 2018 Season." Quote: MICHAEL KLESCH will serve as "Music Designer, Brass Arranger. This will be his 7th season designing for THE ACADEMY, having previously designed the 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 season for the Corps."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpsRelic said:

Howdy Brasso, According to THE ACADEMY's recent announcement: "Lead Staff In Place For the 2018 Season." Quote: MICHAEL KLESCH will serve as "Music Designer, Brass Arranger. This will be his 7th season designing for THE ACADEMY, having previously designed the 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 season for the Corps."  

Cool!

On 11/1/2017 at 9:19 PM, skevinp said:

Nope. It is another reason why I don’t check the boards Nearly as often now.