Sign in to follow this  
Lance

Bluecoats items for sale: ladders and slides and jagged lines

This is a big garage sale, and with the Bluecoats attaching the 3 magical OBO letters, respectful and polite negotiation is the order of the day - like on Pawn Stars or at the Allentown yard sales I am drawn to every first Saturday morning in August.

As the Bluecoats's opening price is $2000 for an orange slide, you reply with $1000.

Then they say $1900, then you blurt out BUT LOOK AT THE SCRATCHES and BLEMISHES so how about $1150, and so on and so on.

Once you have U-hauled your $1400 orange slide inside your apartment, you make room for it, by schlepping your davenport to the curb.

7 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

This is a big garage sale, and with the Bluecoats attaching the 3 magical OBO letters, respectful and polite negotiation is the order of the day - like on Pawn Stars or at the Allentown yard sales I am drawn to every first Saturday morning in August.

As the Bluecoats's opening price is $2000 for an orange slide, you reply with $1000.

Then they say $1900, then you blurt out BUT LOOK AT THE SCRATCHES and BLEMISHES so how about $1150, and so on and so on.

Once you have U-hauled your $1400 orange slide inside your apartment, you make room for it, by schlepping your davenport to the curb.

What?  The Wink isn't included?!?!???

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 6:44 PM, xandandl said:

What?  The Wink isn't included?!?!???

That would be an after-market add-on.

If I were a band director, you could not pay me enough to take that stage from '17.   That thing scared me all year long, and I would not want to risk a freshman taking a dive off it.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:36 PM, DeanInChicago said:

by schlepping your davenport to the curb.

Haven't seen "davenport" used in several decades!

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Haven't seen "davenport" used in several decades!

not from Iowa are you?

My grandma used to tell me I could take a nap on the davenport in the basement. For years I thought the davenport was the area under the steps because that’s where the sofa was. 

This is just a bit out of my price range