2018 Show Announcent/Rumors?

Heard Cadets will *not* be continuing with their Bernstein contract.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chaddyt said:

Heard Cadets will *not* be continuing with their Bernstein contract.

Whats the west side story behind this ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The person they had negotiated the contract with at LB's foundation is no longer there.  From what I understand, they bought the Cadets out of their obligation for the next two years, including the arrangement with the NY Philharmonic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

The person they had negotiated the contract with at LB's foundation is no longer there.  From what I understand, they bought the Cadets out of their obligation for the next two years, including the arrangement with the NY Philharmonic.

That is pretty big news.  The question now is who benefits more on the release, The Cadets or the LB Foundation?

Just now, Old Corps Guy said:

That is pretty big news.  The question now is who benefits more on the release, The Cadets or the LB Foundation?

I don't know that it's a question of who benefits.  It just is what it is. 

Not DCI, but Kidsgrove Scouts are doing "24601 - A Les Miserables Story" in 2018. Design staff includes, John Meehan, Scott Johnson and Sean Gordon. Unfortunately we won't be coming to the STates this year, but this is gonna be an amazing show. We are fully expecting to march another full sized corps with a brass line expecting to top out over 50 members which is huge for Europe. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyt said:

Thanks for that update on the change in plans.

22 hours ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

"2018 Bluecoats will have a tarp covering the entire field
Tarp will not be a plain color - will be environmental and influenced by the show concept like indoor tarps (only cover an entire football field)
Will have props on top of the tarp
Will have show-specific "costumes" for every "cast member"
Even watching Jagged Line next August will look quite old-school by the time the 2018 season is done."

This was posted to the Drum Corps subreddit, I don't believe it, but it is a rumor

"100 yards of theater" -Scott Chandler. 

Love love love it. 

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

the east side challenged at the playground. No one would sit down over soda's Docs store