Time for NO size limit in WC (or at least up it from 150)

13 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I see no problem with this.

I'm just afraid the extra bus would go to woodwinds and guard.

Mike

Ya, but we could always just push the vehicle with the woodwinds off to the side of the road, and take the motor plugs out..... problem solved.

Edited by BRASSO

17 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I'm just afraid the extra bus would go to woodwinds and guard.

Mike

Or singers because drum corps needs more singers. 

• Haha 3

I thought 128 was best but was fine with 135. At 150, I’ve noticed a drop in cleanliness come finals, they just never get the shows as spotless as they use to. Also, outside of the top 6, the corps overall quality is diminished – the top corps get all the talent at the expense of the mid-trier corps

19 minutes ago, cowtown said:

I thought 128 was best but was fine with 135. At 150, I’ve noticed a drop in cleanliness come finals, they just never get the shows as spotless as they use to. Also, outside of the top 6, the corps overall quality is diminished – the top corps get all the talent at the expense of the mid-trier corps

Totally disagree. IMO the talent top to bottom has never been better. The corps in 8th...9th...10th...and beyond are absolutely amazing today. 

• Like 5

NO

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Because every time the bar is raised, more corps trip over it.  We went from 400 corps to 40 corps over the DCI era.  What we should be doing is looking at ways to reverse that trend.

And if we adopted your philosophy, expanding from local/regional to national/international tours improved the overall appeal and visibility of DCI.  Why stop there?  Expand the DCI tour to other continents.

I would love to pick and choose what I want back from the 70s or 80s but guess what ....never gonna happen!

Traveling across the country on tour, the realization to me was that there is a core of people that are concerned with scores and placements.  The majority of those in the stands are not. when the final corps performs seventy percent of the crowd leave. I noticed this at well attended shows in Ohio and Florida.   They are there for the entertainment, the color, and the sound.  These are the paying customers...The Academy was a favorite among many, yet did not make top 12.  The extravaganza of it all draws the crowds and the Rose and Harry's of the community.    A few more marching members, volume, and less corps with black uniforms is what casual attendees prefer to see

17 minutes ago, bluehull said:

Traveling across the country on tour, the realization to me was that there is a core of people that are concerned with scores and placements.  The majority of those in the stands are not. when the final corps performs seventy percent of the crowd leave. I noticed this at well attended shows in Ohio and Florida.   They are there for the entertainment, the color, and the sound.  These are the paying customers...The Academy was a favorite among many, yet did not make top 12.  The extravaganza of it all draws the crowds and the Rose and Harry's of the community.    A few more marching members, volume, and less corps with black uniforms is what casual attendees prefer to see

Although what you say can be true the reason many leave and don't stay for encores and scores is only because of the ease of obtaining the scores ,sometimes before they're even announced. Either online or on their phones makes the trip home faster, especially a weekday show.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Totally disagree. IMO the talent top to bottom has never been better. The corps in 8th...9th...10th...and beyond are absolutely amazing today. 

Thats not what cowtown was saying though I don't think, MikeD. He was referring to " clean ". I would tend to agree with him on this. As the size of the Corps get larger, and the shows get more marcher demanding, I too have noticed some glaring marching errors at Championships. Corps from top to bottom are getting "better".. perhaps even more " demanding ".  But are they as " clean " in drill/ visual pattern formation precision ? I don't know. Its certainly not a slam dunk anyway  that they are as " clean " visually by Championships as they used to be.

Edited by BRASSO