Time for NO size limit in WC (or at least up it from 150)

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Why stop there?  Make 40 divisions, and everyone can compete for a title!

Seriously, creating additional competitive divisions just so that there are "more winners" is not a good enough reason.

I hate to say it but I'm practically done trying to converse with people on DCP

Just reactive nonsense with no support of their position. So frustrating and disappointing 

If you can't see a difference between year round organizations with full time office staff and many million budgets and the community type corps with PT directors that are run from the kitchen table then I don't know what to say

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

not up for any proposals i have heard about

Correct. As far as we can tell, only a single DCP poster on is advocating for an increase in the numbers of marchers in Corps in DCI. There is no policy proposals from the Corps in DCI to increase the numbers on the field. Its basically a topic of interest from a DCP poster, who basically is saying he does not want to hear contrarian opinions from his on this. My thought then, is to not put him in a position to have to listen to contrarian opinions on this... and thus let his thread topic merely die of its own accord. This way, he won't have to listen to others any more on it, and we won't have to respond to his hypotheticals on this suggestion that have virtually no interest at the moment from DCI, nor from the Corps.  Those opposed to increasing the size limits on corps on the field ( I thought ) gave cogent, reasonable, reasons why they ( like the  DCI/Corps themselves) do not support such an increase. But... the OP does not like, nor approve, of those reasons, and says they are all " reactive nonsense, with no support for their position". I believe I've read those reasons why on here however and they made sense to me. But if those reasons put forth don't meet his standards, and he wants to shut down discussion with others on DCP, I suggest we provide him what he is near requesting for us  with this., ie " no further converse with people on DCP".

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Correct. As far as we can tell, only a single DCP poster ion is advocating for an increase in the numbers of marchers in Corps in DCI. There is no policy proposals from the Corps in DCI to increase the numbers on the field. Its basically a topic of interest from a DCP poster, who basically is saying he does not want to hear contrarian opinions from his on this. My thought then, is to not put him in a position to have to listen to contrarian opinions on this... and thus let his thread topic merely die of its own accord. This way, he won't have to listen to others any more on it, and we won't have to respond to his hypotheticals on this suggestion that have virtually no interest at the moment from DCI, nor from the Corps.  Those opposed to increasing the size limits on corps on the field ( I thought ) gave cogent, reasonable, reasons why they ( like the  DCI/Corps themselves) do not support such a policy. But... the OP does not like, nor approve, of those reasons, and says they are all " reactive nonsense, with no support for their position". I believe I've read those reasons why on here however and they made sense to me. But if those reasons put forth don't meet his standards, and he wants to shut down discussion with others on DCP, I suggest we provide him what he is near requesting for us  with this., ie " no further converse with people on DCP".

Actually there are many within DCI that want the size limit to expand - including several voting members on the board

As far as "me" - sorry but saying "why not 40 divisions" so everyone wins a championship isn't a constructive comment. You should well-recognize non-constructive comments as it is your specialty 

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Great idea! You finally have a point! The Cadets have dropped from 1st to 7th; they are part of the rest now competing for 7th to 8th place just like you said. The USA can only support the 6 top tier organizations, again just like you stated, above the Cadets. So let's take the current top 6, put them in the top class which the USA can support, and put the Cadets in the lower tier. Is that acceptable to you?

"Fastball, down the middle of the plate... and Stu hits it out of the park!!!!"  :8_laughing:

41 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Actually there are many within DCI that want the size limit to expand - including several voting members on the board

Talk about " nonsense "... if there was " many within DCI," then the proposal to increase the 150 limit would have been submitted as a proposal for discussion, debate, consideration, then a vote by now. Lots of proposals with some small degree of support are floated out there at the DCI meetings, that do not pass initially. Only the proposals that have little to no support however are not proposed for consideration at the DCI meetings to begin with. Thus, your DCP comment here that " many within DCI " currently support an increase in the current size of 150 seems highly dubious, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I hate to say it but I'm practically done trying to converse with people on DCP

Just reactive nonsense with no support of their position. So frustrating and disappointing 

If you can't see a difference between year round organizations with full time office staff and many million budgets and the community type corps with PT directors that are run from the kitchen table then I don't know what to say

I see a difference. However it again leads us right to what caused the mess in 2010 and almost destroyed DCi as we know it.Plus just because you have a full time office staff doesnt mean the organization is run well. 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Correct. As far as we can tell, only a single DCP poster on is advocating for an increase in the numbers of marchers in Corps in DCI. There is no policy proposals from the Corps in DCI to increase the numbers on the field. Its basically a topic of interest from a DCP poster, who basically is saying he does not want to hear contrarian opinions from his on this. My thought then, is to not put him in a position to have to listen to contrarian opinions on this... and thus let his thread topic merely die of its own accord. This way, he won't have to listen to others any more on it, and we won't have to respond to his hypotheticals on this suggestion that have virtually no interest at the moment from DCI, nor from the Corps.  Those opposed to increasing the size limits on corps on the field ( I thought ) gave cogent, reasonable, reasons why they ( like the  DCI/Corps themselves) do not support such an increase. But... the OP does not like, nor approve, of those reasons, and says they are all " reactive nonsense, with no support for their position". I believe I've read those reasons why on here however and they made sense to me. But if those reasons put forth don't meet his standards, and he wants to shut down discussion with others on DCP, I suggest we provide him what he is near requesting for us  with this., ie " no further converse with people on DCP".

never has liked anyone that didnt bow to his whims and wishes

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Correct. As far as we can tell, only a single DCP poster on is advocating for an increase in the numbers of marchers in Corps in DCI. 

I've long supported an "Anything Goes" division where corps could compete with any instrumentation and any number of members.

No idea if any corps are interested in such an experiment, but I like the idea.

• Like 2