Time for NO size limit in WC (or at least up it from 150)

29 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I've long supported an "Anything Goes" division where corps could compete with any instrumentation and any number of members.

No idea if any corps are interested in such an experiment, but I like the idea.

I suppose one could find someone else just like them that supports doing something or other in DCI. Its a big world out there. I likewise believe if there was more than a couple of Corps in DCI Field competition that would like to see an" anything goes " Division in DCI re. instrumentation and/ or unlimited numbers of performers Corps could utilize, it would have been brought up for discussion and consideration at the DCI Meetings by now. But the silence on this tends to have me believe that the level of current support for  an " anything goes Division in DCI" Field Competition  just might approach the same level of support that a proposal for mandatory harmonica usage by all DCI Corps in DCI field competition would generate... in other words, slim to none. Besides, DCI already has an " anything goes Division". Its called " Soundsport".

Edited by BRASSO

51 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

well guys - it's been fun having this "chat"

so glad I spent 2 years building up DCP so it could be ruined by 8 snarky old farts

see ya! 

It could be worse.  You could have spent 8 years building it up to be ruined by 2 snarky old farts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

I've long supported an "Anything Goes" division where corps could compete with any instrumentation and any number of members.

I can see this andTake this and also ask a kid which they would rather be in now a days. hmmmm .INTERESTING:14_relaxed:

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

well guys - it's been fun having this "chat"

so glad I spent 2 years building up DCP so it could be ruined by 8 snarky old farts

see ya! 

Interesting. I come to DCP hoping to find drum corps news.  When I see the opening page with all the threads and it's the same people commenting over and over, I figure it's a family feud and if you're not in the family, you may as well keep your mouth shut and head over to Redditt.

Edited by RetiredMusTeach
typo
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Interesting. I come to DCP hoping to find drum corps news.  When I see the opening page with all the threads and it's the same people commenting over and over, I figure it's a family feud and if you're not in the family, you may as well keep your mouth shut and head over to Redditt.

If it is a family, it is in bad need of family counseling.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

Gotta be honest... that would be pretty wild, in a good way. Virtually endless possibilities, I would think!!!

• Like 2