Sign in to follow this  
George Dixon

Time for NO size limit in WC (or at least up it from 150)

Recommended Posts

Against this entirely. Shows would not become more appealing or musically better by cramming more bodies onto what is already a very crowded field. Then you add exponentially more cost, not just in buses but food, Insurance and management.

Its also undeniable that the older and more experienced members would always gravitate to the top six corps. This is why the NCAA adopted hard roster limits for all scholarship sports. Bigger name schools with more resources would just sign kids to stand on the sideline to keep them from competing with them at another school.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Against this entirely. Shows would not become more appealing or musically better by cramming more bodies onto what is already a very crowded field. Then you add exponentially more cost, not just in buses but food, Insurance and management.

Its also undeniable that the older and more experienced members would always gravitate to the top six corps. This is why the NCAA adopted hard roster limits for all scholarship sports. Bigger name schools with more resources would just sign kids to stand on the sideline to keep them from competing with them at another school.

Nm

Edited by GUARDLING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Against this entirely. Shows would not become more appealing or musically better by cramming more bodies onto what is already a very crowded field. Then you add exponentially more cost, not just in buses but food, Insurance and management.

Its also undeniable that the older and more experienced members would always gravitate to the top six corps. This is why the NCAA adopted hard roster limits for all scholarship sports. Bigger name schools with more resources would just sign kids to stand on the sideline to keep them from competing with them at another school.

the fields are so not crowded at 150 

many TOP corps barely explore outside the 30s or the back half

watch Crown 2016 as an example - you could fit that program on a tennis court lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

which is why he isnt in charge of anything

huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stu said:

And the sniff test says..... G7 now proposed as G9.

this proposal was made prior to "G7" 

it will happen - just a matter of time

the dinos will hate it - and then it will grow the activity once again that the dinos nearly killed off

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

this proposal was made prior to "G7" 

it will happen - just a matter of time

the dinos will hate it - and then it will grow the activity once again that the dinos nearly killed off

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

 

many TOP corps barely explore outside the 30s or the back half

 

  True enough. As a matter of fact,  we all here know a Corps with non FE that had a entire section in their Corps not move 5 yards in either direction the entire show performance... and that Corps had 155 in the summer's show.

 That said, its clear that there is little support here on DCP to expand beyond the current 155... and more importantly, there is little to no sentiment among the Corps themselves to even begin to consider expanding beyond 155, let alone secure enough votes to do so. The reason expansion to beyond 155 is not up for consideration... by even the so called "TOP " Corps... is because more than one of them is having trouble trying to come up with the money to finance 155 performers for the summer competition tours, let alone 200 or more of them. So this is a non starter issue in DCI right from the getgo at the moment it would appear.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

  True enough. As a matter of fact,  we all here know a Corps with non FE that had a entire section in their Corps not move 5 yards in either direction the entire show performance... and that Corps had 155 in the summer's show.

 That said, its clear that there is little support here on DCP to expand beyond the current 155... and more importantly, there is little to no sentiment among the Corps themselves to even begin to consider expanding beyond 155, let alone secure enough votes to do so. The reason expansion to beyond 155 is not up for consideration... by even the so called "TOP " Corps... is because more than one of them is having trouble trying to come up with the money to finance 155 performers for the summer competition tours, let alone 200 or more of them. So this is a non starter issue right from the getgo at the moment it would appear.

I thought it was 150. When did it change to 155?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I thought it was 150. When did it change to 155?

 Actually, I believe you are correct.. its 150. ( thought it was 155 )

Edited by BRASSO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after watching most of BOA finals tonight, with the amount of bodies and the props craziness, 150 is more than enough

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.