BOA Finals - Indy - Nov 11

15 hours ago, Invictus said:

It's unfortunate that Claudia Taylor Johnson never went to finals.  I'm sure they would be close to the top. 

I also think that the show my daughter’s band, Reagan, put out this year was actually stronger than the one they took to nationals last year. Just a couple of weeks ago in the San Antonio regional, they came in 5th, just under Avon, and bested Marcus and Flower Mound. #timing (Although last year’s show did land them a surprise invitation to the Rose Bowl parade.) Unfortunately, they can only plan on going once every four years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I also think that the show my daughter’s band, Reagan, put out this year was actually stronger than the one they took to nationals last year. Just a couple of weeks ago in the San Antonio regional, they came in 5th, just under Avon, and bested Marcus and Flower Mound. #timing (Although last year’s show did land them a surprise invitation to the Rose Bowl parade.) Unfortunately, they can only plan on going once every four years.

GREAT program (and message) - love that show. LOVE it!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

GREAT program (and message) - love that show. LOVE it!!

Thanks! I had a lot of fun watching them rehearse and perform. My daughter is in guard, so I usually had my attention in that direction, but I constantly found myself with the music playing in my head. This year’s writing was so complex and tasty— Mr. Shanefield really does some great work.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, cajal said:

An unrelated post,  but I’m thrilled that I get the MBA/BOA nationals with the yearly package. 

I’m so old I was in the Norwin band in ‘82 in Jonhnson City, every one of these semi finalist bands in 2017 is great.

No wonder the drum corps have become so amazing as well, though I know many on this site have an aversion to marching band.

It’s all entertainment.

I was there in '82 as well.

Fun fact - Tom Blair (of DCI video fame) was on the percussion staff of my school!

• Like 1

listening to this group of band kids watch BA during prelims is priceless - got to admire their unvarnished sense of excitement and the are pretty darn observant when it comes down to it

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 3:41 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Here's the schedule for tonight:

7:45 - Adair County H.S., KY (Class A Exhibition)
8:00 - Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN
8:15 - Marian Catholic H.S., IL
8:30 - Union H.S., OK
8:45 - Round Rock H.S., TX
9:00 - Blue Springs H.S., MO
9:15 - Castle H.S., IN
9:30 - The Woodlands H.S., TX
9:45 - Carmel H.S., IN
10:00 - Broken Arrow H.S., OK
10:15 - Flower Mound H.S., TX
10:30 - Marcus H.S., TX
10:45 - Avon H.S., IN

No new names in Finals for the first time since 2012.

No Tarpon Springs??  I thought their show this year was pretty darn good. 

34 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Tarpon Springs did not trek north this year to Indy.  Sad face emoji.

They do so on even years.