All time shows: Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

That doesn’t bug me as much as I would have thought. Until the legacy collection was released, there were a ton of shows that only lived in my memory for decades, it wasn’t a bad place for them.

And there is always a way to find or obtain a full version of the show anyway

Well, it may not have been a bad place for you, but your memory isn't somewhere younger fans can go.

1970, 2017, 1999, 2003, and from 2000... no better than this (guard and brass)! Go get .em in 2018!

Boston Crusaders 2000

FlashBackFriday070612-2003

Edited by CorpwithanS
addition
  • Like 1

Okay here are the results so far.  Please feel free to keep adding your thoughts!

Favorites

1. 2000 RED

2. 2017 Wicked Games

3. 2009 the core of temptation

3. 2002 you are my star

5. 2003 BRAVO!

Least Favorite- too close to call

2014 and 2015 made a lot of favorite and least favorite lists. 

Both 2014 and 2013 are tied for 3rd favorite but least favorite votes dropped both out of the top 5.

2000 and 2017 are landslide favorites.

Thank you to all who participated! It's great to see so much love for Boston! The most popular thread after 6 days so far! (Cavies has more total input but didn't have as much after 6 days)

Tommorow I will be back with a non top 12 corps coming off of one of their lowest years placement wise. 

I have big plans for the holiday season with 3 top 12 corps, a special bonus thread, 1 non-top 12 corps and a special new year thread for the newest WC additions.

• Like 1

I suppose I should get my votes in before the close...this actually was a lot harder than I thought it would be as there were different aspects that made me enjoy one show over another. 

What are your top 1-5 all time Boston Crusaders shows?***

#1 - Wicked Games (2017) "She must burn!" - priceless

#2 - Rise (2013) - "We Will Rise!" brought a tear to my eye on personal level...

#3 - Red (2000) - Con Te Partirò brought the house down...the emotion was absolutely incredible...

#4 - The Core of Temptation (2009) - still remember how clean that opening apple set was..and the guard was just so sexy...literally

#5 - A Collection of Symphonic Dances (1999) - again this was emotional show to me personally - and seeing Boston in finals for the first time - speechless - how many revolutions did that guard guy toss that weapon at the end?

(Optional) What are your 1-3 least favorites from them?***

#1 - Ode to Joy (2005) - HATE the music. I always get criticized for hating ode to joy...but I can't stand it.

#2 - Pat Metheny Music (1995) - if Boston ever does ANY jazz again I will take the summer off from drum corps.

#3 - The Composition of Color (2004) - just not my taste at all...

***I've excluded all shows prior to 1985 as I did not see any of those show live. I've also excluded 1990 and 91 the years I marched with Boston.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1