Video edits 2017

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'm recalling reading that it was original compositions which for my musical knowledge or lack there of, is all new and would be unrecognizable to me.  

fair enough..

Ya, I'll agree that's semantics, unrecognizable v original.

Cavies in the early 00s is exactly what got me on this thinking train. Four Corners is one of the tunes I whistle the most from drum corps of the past.

You can easily license what was created for you. We already have visual programs custom made for drum corps. I get that composing an 11.5 minute piece isn't an overnight job, but surely it's within the realm of possibility. Or do people just really prefer their drum corps to be playing tunes with recognizable names by recognizable composers, even if that's in name alone?

35 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

The Blue Devils word diligently for several years to get arranging rights to the music from The Godfather.

Sounds like in the end the Blue Devils made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

• Like 3

Let’s say you work with a youth organization and see a rare red Ferrari in mint condition that you want to use as a promotion for the youth activity in a parade.  There is tons of paperwork and a long waiting period to file with a company, that you hate, in order to possibly gain permission from the owner to use the vehicle; and moreover that wait would take you past the parade date.  So you grab the keys, which are under the floor mat, leave a note of thanks, and go ahead and drive the vehicle in the parade.  The owner sees the car on TV and decides to file charges of theft.  You respond, “Wait, wait, wait, it was for the youth!!!“.  Would you do that?

Well, that is exactly the same type of scenario concerning the theft of intellectual property done by many bands and corps in which some of you are in favor of.  When someone arranges music which is Copyrighted, places that arrangement in a performance, and records and videos that performance, they have to ‘lease’ the right to do so or face the consequences!!! The Copyright owner still owns the music, irrespective of what form it takes!!! Stealing is stealing folks; just because it is intellectual property in an abstract form used for ‘the youth’ does not change the ownership nor the Copyright.

Yo ho, yo ho.

• Like 4

I'm sure this has been answered on DCP somewhere, I'm just too doped on on DayQuil to search:

Do these edits effect just the blurays/DVDs or the CD/digital audio as well?

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, chaddyt said:

I'm sure this has been answered on DCP somewhere, I'm just too doped on on DayQuil to search:

Do these edits effect just the blurays/DVDs or the CD/digital audio as well?

Thanks in advance.

I sent a message to customer service on Friday, hopefully I'll hear a definite answer tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1