Video edits 2017

1 hour ago, Stu said:

The point I was making to Ghost was to counter his claim that we all disobey hundreds of laws everyday. That decision of mine was based on the safest course of action to prevent possible death, and that type of situation cannot and should not be used to explain away the purposeful stealing of someone else's property for their own selfish desire and pleasure.

As for the situation I found myself in it was this: I was on cruise control going the speed limit, the semi was going about 5 mph slower, it was a passing zone for me, there were two cars behind me, one followed me to pass the semi, the passing zone was short and while I would have made it the car behind me would not have made it, there was no safe way to back off and get in behind the semi, so I accelerated quickly to get by the semi in order for the car behind me to have enough time to also make the pass.

criminal

• Like 2

I have to say that the never-ending stream of licensing problems has killed the BluRay product for me. There are just too many edits that remove too much core material from the performances to make it worth the money. DCI is now something to enjoy while it happens each summer.

I feel quite sad for Boston - cutting a quarter of their show entitled Wicked Games because they couldn't get sync rights to the song Wicked Game is just madness.

• Like 1

I see Stu's on a roll again. Good to know another topic has captured his fancy. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to remove the tag from my matress.  You know the one. And maybe wash, rinse my hair, but not repeat. Or perhaps place my garbage can on the curb before 6 pm for tomorrow's pickup. That would be three violations in quick succession. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Stu said:

Since you say hundreds, please name just half (50) laws that you or anyone break everyday. Moreover,  while you are breaking those hundreds everyday I have not, and do not, purposely break any laws; never even had a traffic ticket and have only ever went past the speed limit to get past a semi to avoid a head on collision. But you seem to think that is normal for you to break them everyday. Interesting philosophy you have.

What is this holier than thou attitude? ...it is neither believable nor credible.

42 minutes ago, DrumCorpsNutt said:

So question......there are some very significant chunks of shows being cut this year.  Will they be removed from the video in their entirety....of will they just have a black screen with audio only during the cut sections (similar to what happened with Madison in 2011)?

Based on past edits, they'll be removed entirely.  DCI's gotten pretty good at closely editing the jumps so they're not blatantly obvious.

Mike

26 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Based on past edits, they'll be removed entirely.  DCI's gotten pretty good at closely editing the jumps so they're not blatantly obvious.

Mike

I really hope that's not true...

When the Blue Devils show ends with "You and I,  You and I, like Diamonds in the Sky" going directing into "The Concord Blue Devils" then the last note......that'll be pretty obvious something is missing.  LOL  

Blue Stars will have no opener and no closer.....seems like that will be pretty obvious too.  

9 minutes ago, FaustianMachine said:

I got this reply directly from Customer Service a few minutes ago! 

https://m.imgur.com/EVIyydu

It looks like I'll just be buying the CD then...and pass on the overpriced blueray/DVD (although they always do a masterful job with it)...I used to buy recordings made directly by the corps....it's been awhile since I've done that..last corps music purchase for me was Crown 2013's brass...

I wish more corps would make their OWN studio recordings...including all the things we love hearing in lot videos (warm-ups and exercises)....there is a lot of content...other than just show music....but without the outside external influences, interruptions or other corps playing in the background...

Just imagine...if somewhere along tour a facility could be rented for say top 6 corps who are on tour could get a few hours studio time to make these recordings and then defray the cost of the studio among the corps and perhaps even make it a top 6 perk...I can DREAM :)