Video edits 2017

41 minutes ago, Liahona said:

It looks like I'll just be buying the CD then...and pass on the overpriced blueray/DVD (although they always do a masterful job with it)...I used to buy recordings made directly by the corps....it's been awhile since I've done that..last corps music purchase for me was Crown 2013's brass...

I wish more corps would make their OWN studio recordings...including all the things we love hearing in lot videos (warm-ups and exercises)....there is a lot of content...other than just show music....but without the outside external influences, interruptions or other corps playing in the background...

Just imagine...if somewhere along tour a facility could be rented for say top 6 corps who are on tour could get a few hours studio time to make these recordings and then defray the cost of the studio among the corps and perhaps even make it a top 6 perk...I can DREAM :)

still licensing issues there. may not be worth the expense

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Scoundrel

Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I see Stu's on a roll again. Good to know another topic has captured his fancy. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to remove the tag from my matress.  You know the one. And maybe wash, rinse my hair, but not repeat. Or perhaps place my garbage can on the curb before 6 pm for tomorrow's pickup. That would be three violations in quick succession. 

Read the tag, as long as you own the mattress you can remove it. Read the bottle, repeat is not law but suggestion. Have no idea about your garbage and don't want to know.

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

What is this holier than thou attitude? ...it is neither believable nor credible.

Never getting a traffic ticket is fact; never knowingly or purposely breaking a law like piracy of copyrighted audio/video files is fact. Not holier than thou.

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Justification is not a license to steal.

The only man who watches Les Miserables and roots for Javert to catch Jean Valjean.

(I appreciate the Graduate reference, though, and Jeff's Star Wars nod as well.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Problem solved if a Corps would do an all Sousa show

LOL!!!

An old drum corps friend was a percussionist with the U.S. Army Concert Band at West Point... I went to see the band perform their "Sousa concert" one year. It was interesting to learn that, aside from the various marches for which he is best known, he also wrote several notable operettas. The band performed some of them that evening... great stuff.

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Read the tag, as long as you own the mattress you can remove it. Read the bottle, repeat is not law but suggestion. Have no idea about your garbage and don't want to know.

if he has an HOA like I do, they'll leave you a love note if you put it out too early