Video edits 2017

On 11/24/2017 at 3:25 PM, Stu said:

I guarantee that if the joke had been directed towards GD, or maybe Brasso, you would have either commented in the affimitve or posted a smile emoji. But whatever.

Stu,

Allow me to be blunt.

I'm sorry I've somehow wounded you. Not that I really care, but I'll apologize. I don't look at names when i comment or give a rating too. I've given ratings to some posters I personally think are annoying as hell. I helped beta test DCP under my oldest screen name. I was vocal on RAMD for years. I've had my balls busted by the best of them. I am most likely to laugh at myself long before I'll laugh at other people. My 5 year old cuts me down daily, and it's funny as hell. I laugh with her. 

you just ain't that funny. Sorry if I ruined your holiday weekend by telling you this. I'm probably not alone in thinking, but I really have no desire to ask around either.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Stu,

Allow me to be blunt.

I'm sorry I've somehow wounded you. Not that I really care, but I'll apologize. I don't look at names when i comment or give a rating too. I've given ratings to some posters I personally think are annoying as hell. I helped beta test DCP under my oldest screen name. I was vocal on RAMD for years. I've had my balls busted by the best of them. I am most likely to laugh at myself long before I'll laugh at other people. My 5 year old cuts me down daily, and it's funny as hell. I laugh with her. 

you just ain't that funny. Sorry if I ruined your holiday weekend by telling you this. I'm probably not alone in thinking, but I really have no desire to ask around either.

Now that was funny right there!!! :cool:

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

Now that you've disclosed the maturity level of your sense of humor, I don't think anyone should be offended if you don't think they're funny.  :D

Her insult skills are above her age. I’ve taught her well

Getting back to the sync rights issue - I have a question for those who might know.

Is there a most favored nation clause for sync rights?  I know for example, for arranging licenses for marching band when I arrange each season, if I arrange something that constitutes a medley of three songs, Tresona charges whatever the most expensive song rights are for ALL THREE songs...in other words, if I arrange a medley of songs that has Rainbow Connection, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and Fly to Paradise, each song will cost the arranger whatever the most expensive tune is.  So even if Rainbow Connection and Somewhere Over the Rainbow by themselves would be 100 bucks each, because Fly to Paradise costs 500 bucks, all three then cost 500 bucks.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong in that, but I believe thats the case.  I encountered that a couple years ago when arranging and using Tresona for arranging licenses.

Does this occur for sync licenses as well?  If it does, I imagine that is what kills DCI financially.  They might be able to afford some of the tunes in the Blue Stars show this past season if they were stand alone tunes, but since they constitute a medley where they are mashed together, if the most favored nation clause takes effect each song would cost whatever the most expensive one is...if some of these Pop tunes that are used cost a lot, if they are used in a medley, it really kicks the price up for the other tunes used.  Thus the financial burden on DCI and the edits.  I still wish to know whether permission wasn't granted for all of the tunes edited out this season in various shows, or if it was just a financial decision by DCI that they could not afford those songs...

Edited by leed17

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Which is why I am in favor of proprietary encryption that prevents or distorts attempted recording of live stream.

Could you elaborate on this? Maybe with some real life scenarios or examples?