Video edits 2017

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, chaddyt said:

So they're just struggling with the digital downloads for some reason....

:mat:

"We sell more CD's than downloads."  Well, you charge more for the downloads and release them later.  Just ridiculous.

Mike

On 11/28/2017 at 10:20 AM, leed17 said:

Were the three tunes played on their own, or were they created into a medley?  If they were created into a medley, then Tresona charges using the Most Favored Nation clause.  If they were played as three separate pieces, then you would pay for each individually according to what Tresona charges.

How is medley defined?  

1 hour ago, DAvery said:

How is medley defined?  

Good question - you could probably go to the Tresona website or contact them to find out how they define it, but I know every time I enter a new piece of music to arrange for marching band on Tresona's website, there is a spot where it asks if I want to add another piece to the arrangement to make a medley.  So I would assume its where you use two or more pieces and connect them in some way to make one arrangement (no stops in between each piece, maybe layer each piece over each other, etc).  It there is a clear stopping point between one piece to the next, then I would say its not a medley.  

Just a note for all those wondering about the CD's - got mine on Saturday and they sound great as always.  All the corps performances are complete except for the two edits that were listed on DCI's website (BDB and Spartans).  So, I assume they only edited out those other large sections due to copyright from the videos for the Cavies, BD, Blue Knights, Boston and Blue Stars.

I'll be interested to see the reaction to the videos once they get released - I have a feeling a lot of people aren't in the know about the cuts and will purchase and be unpleasantly surprised with missing parts of shows - more so than any other year since all this started.  Drum Corps planet will be busy with lots of posts expressing their displeasure...

On 11/27/2017 at 7:52 AM, Stu said:

Which is why I am in favor of proprietary encryption that prevents or distorts attempted recording of live stream.

Once the signal goes analog, that won't work...  ..and it has to go analog at some point to get to your eyes.  There are tons of apps that get past that, especially on the PC.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Once the signal goes analog, that won't work...  ..and it has to go analog at some point to get to your eyes.  There are tons of apps that get past that, especially on the PC.

Pointed this out too. I asked for some examples of what he claimed earlier. No response. 

• Like 1

So. If I were to purchase a DVD for Christmas from the DCI website what year do the edits start? Was it 2014?

FWIW I am mostly interested in 2008, 2015, and possibly the essentials (although I wish I could mix and match on those)

Edited by ThePlanets

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

So. If I were to purchase a DVD for Christmas from the DCI website what year do the edits start? Was it 2014?

FWIW I am mostly interested in 2008, 2015, and possibly the essentials (although I wish I could mix and match on those)

2008 has Phantom Regiment edited...I don't remember edits earlier than that year.  I think it was around then that things started to get more complicated for DCI in regards to licensing...

2015 has some edits - I think if you go to the DCI store and click on the years you want they list the edits that were done (although 2017 doesn't have the edits listed, you have to go to a different spot on their website to see those).  Get the Essentials volumes while you can - I believe they are already sold out of Vol. 1.