Video edits 2017

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am not a thief, I would never steal from you nor anyone else, but you apparently are fine with people stealing my property.

No I'm not.  Stealing is against the law.  So is hundreds of other things we humans do every day, so if you've never broken any laws in your life, continue to complain about this issue.  I try not to be a hypocrite.  

55 minutes ago, Ghost said:

No I'm not.  Stealing is against the law.  So is hundreds of other things we humans do every day, so if you've never broken any laws in your life, continue to complain about this issue.  I try not to be a hypocrite.  

Since you say hundreds, please name just half (50) laws that you or anyone break everyday. Moreover,  while you are breaking those hundreds everyday I have not, and do not, purposely break any laws; never even had a traffic ticket and have only ever went past the speed limit to get past a semi to avoid a head on collision. But you seem to think that is normal for you to break them everyday. Interesting philosophy you have.

11 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

The other side of that is that if the synch licensing wasn't such an issue, there wouldn't be a NEED for piracy...respect for the end consumer is just as important as respect for the rights holders

well you cant request rights for a video that hasn't been shot yet. 

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No, that's too simple, I think. The system is broken. I think everyone participating in this discussion is willing to pay rights holders a reasonable fee for complete drum corps recordings but the system won't let us do that.

Basically #6 on Stu's list is wrong. I buy the DVDs and CDs, I use to pay for a Fan Network subscription, I subscribe to Flo.

however, it may come to where to purchase it, the cost may skyrocket. It's not like DCI makes a fortune on DVD/Cd sales. At some point, the bundle could go to $200, and man will that raise a #### storm on here

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

You must live in a plexiglass house Stu.

corrected

:laughing:

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No, that's too simple, I think. The system is broken. I think everyone participating in this discussion is willing to pay rights holders a reasonable fee for complete drum corps recordings but the system won't let us do that.

Basically #6 on Stu's list is wrong. I buy the DVDs and CDs, I use to pay for a Fan Network subscription, I subscribe to Flo.

The system is not perfect, but it correctly honors the ownership 'Rights' of the Copyright Holder to set the fees, or deny permissions, above the desire and privilege of the consumer.

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Since you say hundreds, please name just half (50) laws that you or anyone break everyday. Moreover,  while you are breaking those hundreds everyday I have not, and do not, purposely break any laws; never even had a traffic ticket and have only ever went past the speed limit to get past a semi to avoid a head on collision. 

In my experience, staying behind the semi is a far more effective way to avoid head-on collisions.

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

In my experience, staying behind the semi is a far more effective way to avoid head-on collisions.

The point I was making to Ghost was to counter his claim that we all disobey hundreds of laws everyday. That decision of mine was based on the safest course of action to prevent possible death, and that type of situation cannot and should not be used to explain away the purposeful stealing of someone else's property for their own selfish desire and pleasure.

As for the situation I found myself in it was this: I was on cruise control going the speed limit, the semi was going about 5 mph slower, it was a passing zone for me, there were two cars behind me, one followed me to pass the semi, the passing zone was short and while I would have made it the car behind me would not have made it, there was no safe way to back off and get in behind the semi, so I accelerated quickly to get by the semi in order for the car behind me to have enough time to also make the pass.

Edited by Stu