phantombob

Hey it's Thanksgiving--where's the schedule DCI?

Recommended Posts

Any rumors about the 2018 show schedule announcement day?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following.

Also when do finals week tickets go on sale? I just got my PTO request back and approved for finals week today...and didn't have the resources for the super 3 package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phantombob said:

Any rumors about the 2018 show schedule announcement day?  

 

19 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Following.

Also when do finals week tickets go on sale? I just got my PTO request back and approved for finals week today...and didn't have the resources for the super 3 package.

Last year -  The schedule was announced on November 23rd. Individual tickets for finals week went on sale December 5th.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211315065&SPID=166025&SPSID=965782

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Following.

Also when do finals week tickets go on sale? I just got my PTO request back and approved for finals week today...and didn't have the resources for the super 3 package.

yes, Super 3 is way early because of the Ticketmaster restrictions placed on DCI by LOS's arrangement. But the reality is that most of us drum corps fans aren't billionaires with loads of cash reserves to fork over at the drop of the hat. Rather we are working stiffs and students who nickel and dime it as we live pay check to pay check. Unfortunately, the powers that be go by the rule that those who have the gold make the rules.   ...and get the perks. Sad.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yes, Super 3 is way early because of the Ticketmaster restrictions placed on DCI by LOS's arrangement. But the reality is that most of us drum corps fans aren't billionaires with loads of cash reserves to fork over at the drop of the hat. Rather we are working stiffs and students who nickel and dime it as we live pay check to pay check. Unfortunately, the powers that be go by the rule that those who have the gold make the rules.   ...and get the perks. Sad.

 

I know the Super 3 tickets are different than the Friends of DCI tickets. But even the money for the friends tickets had to be in way early, by Sept. 30th I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanksgiving is earlier on the calendar this year. thats most likely why the delay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the schedule, I'm hoping DCI is planning on either significantly reforming or altogether abolishing the Tour of Champions series. They probably won't because it's a cash cow, but I'm getting tired of seeing corps like Cadets and Phantom bring lackluster shows to my local area (and other perennial host cities) year after year when they are both billed as the "cream of the crop." Plus, there are many corps I haven't seen live in years that have really stepped it up recently (Mandarins, Academy, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing the schedule whenever it comes out.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Speaking of the schedule, I'm hoping DCI is planning on either significantly reforming or altogether abolishing the Tour of Champions series. They probably won't because it's a cash cow, but I'm getting tired of seeing corps like Cadets and Phantom bring lackluster shows to my local area (and other perennial host cities) year after year when they are both billed as the "cream of the crop." Plus, there are many corps I haven't seen live in years that have really stepped it up recently (Mandarins, Academy, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing the schedule whenever it comes out.

I agree.  The Dekalb show was hardly jam packed with “champions “.   

Edited by Terri Schehr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Speaking of the schedule, I'm hoping DCI is planning on either significantly reforming or altogether abolishing the Tour of Champions series. They probably won't because it's a cash cow, but I'm getting tired of seeing corps like Cadets and Phantom bring lackluster shows to my local area (and other perennial host cities) year after year when they are both billed as the "cream of the crop." Plus, there are many corps I haven't seen live in years that have really stepped it up recently (Mandarins, Academy, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing the schedule whenever it comes out.

I'm pretty sure they won't be abolishing it. As far as reforming it, I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.