Hey it's Thanksgiving--where's the schedule DCI?

22 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I'm pretty sure they won't be abolishing it. As far as reforming it, I have no idea.

they have recently started adding non 7 names to some shows at least

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree.  The Dekalb show was hardly jam packed with “champions “.   

I just checked, and with the exception of The Colts, every corps at De Kalb this summer had won Championships in DCI (Div III or Class A for Academy and Blue Stars, and the Associates Championship for Crossmen).

That being said, I'd agree that the TOC shows are played out. DCI probably agrees.

14 hours ago, Slingerland said:

I just checked, and with the exception of The Colts, every corps at De Kalb this summer had won Championships in DCI (Div III or Class A for Academy and Blue Stars, and the Associates Championship for Crossmen).

That being said, I'd agree that the TOC shows are played out. DCI probably agrees.

And the Crossmen have the distinction of being the one and only champion of the Associates Championships. 

19 hours ago, Slingerland said:

That’s true but I was far more interested in attending the 2016 show than this years...although, I still went.   

They've still never attracted the audience of the DCM Championships in Dekalb.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

8 hours ago, DAvery said:

And the Crossmen have the distinction of being the one and only champion of the Associates Championships. 

The Associates title in 1979. I remember people claiming there was a planned conspiracy against Crossmen in favor of Troopers that year, especially after the penalty Crossmen  received in prelims. 

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

The Associates title in 1979. I remember people claiming there was a planned conspiracy against Crossmen in favor of Troopers that year, especially after the penalty Crossmen  received in prelims. 

Everyone received penalties during that era. In fact, in 1979 only 4 of 43 open class corps didn't receive a penalty. With no penalties Crossmen would have tied Troop for 12th place. We were very surprised we beat Crossmen at prelims and Troop was that close to us. Two days before prelims Crossnen were over 4 points in front of us. Of course the last time we saw Troop before prelims was 4 weeks earlier and we beat them by 10 points. Crazy end of the season. 

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Oh, what surprises there will be...

DCI tour schedule becomes truly international; June USA tour; July European tour; Aug Asian tour; Finals in Tokyo. Anything short of that will not surprise me in the least.