Where To Find Videos?

7 hours ago, MikeN said:

This is true. I do not dispute the reason(s) why it's not available.

However, and I just went and checked, and as of today 1/3 of the years (81, 86, 87, 89, 90, 94, 96, 98, 99) of Legacy DVD's aren't available for sale anymore.  This will increase as other years remaining inventory is sold. So, not a viable strategy for someone wanting to watch DCI's back catalogue.

Mike

Its a shame these are no longer available... except on youtube... and not all of them are there, nor all of the ones posted of high quality reproduction.

18 hours ago, Stu said:

Oh well, us buying them and watching them is just a privilege; one that can be taken away by the copyright owner; and not a 'right' that we have to own or watch them.

So... like I said in the first place - just go to Youtube.

Mike

4 hours ago, MikeN said:

So... like I said in the first place - just go to Youtube.

Mike

Just going to YouTube will not suffice the request of the OP because, A) not all DCI seasons and Corps shows are available on YouTube, and B) unless a person has direct permission from the copyright holders that person cannot legally upload nor download copyrighted material on YouTube.

Edited by Stu

On 11/28/2017 at 1:56 PM, MikeN said:

This is true. I do not dispute the reason(s) why it's not available.

However, and I just went and checked, and as of today 1/3 of the years (81, 86, 87, 89, 90, 94, 96, 98, 99) of Legacy DVD's aren't available for sale anymore.  This will increase as other years remaining inventory is sold. So, not a viable strategy for someone wanting to watch DCI's back catalogue.

Mike

72 and 73 were not produced by DCI though. I believe Drum Corps World may still have them on their website

Someone needs to make sure all these videos are preserved until the works in question fall into the public domain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Someone needs to make sure all these videos are preserved until the works in question fall into the public domain.

As long as you have legally purchased all the videos, you can lock them away in a time capsule if you so choose.

17 hours ago, Stu said:

Just going to YouTube will not suffice the request of the OP because, A) not all DCI seasons and Corps shows are available on YouTube, and B) unless a person has direct permission from the copyright holders that person cannot legally upload nor download copyrighted material on YouTube.

Stu, I think you're a great source of DCI knowledge and have happily read your posts for a long while, but I'm not sure you actually read the OP before sending him to purchase videos that are not even available, then arguing about the morality of copyright.  He never said he wanted to own or download the videos, merely to watch.  Which is not illegal on YouTube.  The legality of copyright rests with the uploader, not the viewer. 

Mike

4 hours ago, MikeN said:

Stu, I think you're a great source of DCI knowledge and have happily read your posts for a long while, but I'm not sure you actually read the OP before sending him to purchase videos that are not even available, then arguing about the morality of copyright.  He never said he wanted to own or download the videos, merely to watch.  Which is not illegal on YouTube.  The legality of copyright rests with the uploader, not the viewer. 

Mike

First, thanks for the compliment. Your posts have also been a great source of info and insightful.

On occasion I have seen the Legacy discs available used on Ebay, Craigslist, and even through CD Wearhouse. So they are on occasion available used. As for YouTube, I have stated a few times that while many shows are on there many are not. So that will not completely satisfy the OP request. The part about the illegality or legality of upload, of course that is on the person who uploads; and while a person can watch videos on YouTube, I was merely stating that it is illegal for anyone to download (rip) copyrighted material off of YouTube without permission from the copyright holder.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Mike

don't use logic, you ruin 2/3 of his rants then

• Like 1