Where To Find Videos?

1972 and 1973 are available by printing this handy mail order form and sending a personal check or money order via snail mail to Madison, Wisconsin: https://drumcorpsworld.com/forms/2015-DVD-CD-order-blank.pdf

2 hours ago, Stu said:

If ya want to bait me, try using a real lure. :76_ghost:

i wasn't using bait. pointing it out for accuracy's sake

On 11/29/2017 at 11:07 PM, Stu said:

As long as you have legally purchased all the videos, you can lock them away in a time capsule if you so choose.

If, a century hence, someone reveals they have drum corps videos that were illegally recorded, of music by then in the public domain--and presuming no copyright laws have been changed in the meantime--what will the legal status of that material be? Genuinely curious.

54 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If, a century hence, someone reveals they have drum corps videos that were illegally recorded, of music by then in the public domain--and presuming no copyright laws have been changed in the meantime--what will the legal status of that material be? Genuinely curious.

No one can claim to know the law 100 years into the future, so it is a moot point.  That said, if the person putting it into the time capsule is knowingly placing pirated material into the capsule they are currently guilty of hiding stolen product.

Edited by Stu

On 12/1/2017 at 2:41 PM, Stu said:

No one can claim to know the law 100 years into the future, so it is a moot point.  That said, if the person putting it into the time capsule is knowingly placing pirated material into the capsule they are currently guilty of hiding stolen product.

For discussion's sake, my question (not necessarily directed to you, but thank you for trying to answer) included the proviso "presuming no copyright laws have been changed in the meantime".

14 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

For discussion's sake, my question (not necessarily directed to you, but thank you for trying to answer) included the proviso "presuming no copyright laws have been changed in the meantime".

So, presuming and speculating on 100 years in the future using today's law:

In 2124 (22nd Century) a time capsule is opened containing DVDs and Mp4 Flash Drives of DCI shows from the latter part of the 20th Century and early part of the 21st. The pristine archaic storage formats would be of most interest; and if there is a way to view that material, which would be unlikely considering that technology changes so fast (as an example try finding a working laser disc player or betamax player or a reel to reel player today), and unless DCI gets as well known as Disney likely only a few art historians and music buffs would even be remotely interested in the content. To me, nobody in 2124 would care one way or the other if the material was pirated over a hundred years ago. However, here in the present day, there is much interest because the person commiting the crime is in the here and now, and if caught, should be held accountable.

Edited by Stu