Sign in to follow this  
Lithium Nitro

New Look DCI Webpage and 2018 Schedule Released!

Guess what finally got posted! 

https://www.dci.org/events

Some quick things I noticed:

1. I think personally I'm most excited for Drums of Fire in Hillsboro, Oregon, the lineup is incredible: Battalion, Columbians, Scades, OC, BK, SCV, Academy, Cadets, Troopers, and Pacific Crest!
  2. Also the possibility of a second Oregon competition in Ashland??????
  3. Besides DCI Minnesota, Southwestern Championship, Southeastern Championship, and Eastern Classic, there appears to be a DCI Midwestern Championship in St. Louis??
  4. I checked out World Champs and Jubal is making a return to DCI according to the website
Edited by Lithium Nitro

Wow, just checked to see if the 2018 schedule was out and was caught off guard with a re-designed DCI webpage. The 2018 schedule is now available too!

DCI's new look:

www.dci.org

• Like 1

I literally created this exact thread a couple minutes before you did haha great minds think alike.

Edited by Lithium Nitro
  • Like 1

Doh...sorry about that!! I'm finding the layout of the schedule kinda clunky to navigate. Probably just a newness thing but kind of miss being able to see more listed on a page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Bone-Tone Lord said:

It's not just the newness. The schedule now takes up 12 pages instead of one, it's no longer possible to view individual corps' schedules, and half the show pages don't load.

Agreed - hope some adjustments are made as it does require too many page views. I too miss being able to filter specific corps. Being able to filter by location is nice...though the states aren't in alphabetical order.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

It's not just the newness. The schedule now takes up 12 pages instead of one, it's no longer possible to view individual corps' schedules, and half the show pages don't load.

I miss being able to see an individual corps schedule and it's been gone for like a day. Hopefully DCI will hear our complaints and feedback.

• Like 1

I think the navigation tools such as seeing when the individual corps performed came later, during the winter, although it could be I didn't notice it until that time. Also, the schedule changed a bit during the winter months last year and a few OC shows were added, so this just whets the appetite. 

Just now, Lithium Nitro said:

I miss being able to see an individual corps schedule and it's been gone for like a day. Hopefully DCI will hear our complaints and feedback.

I had to go through all the events individually (or at least, all the events in a plausible region) for my corps to figure out which events to list in my Facebook post, and since several shows whose names and/or locations are listed as TBA didn't load, I have no clue whether or not we're in them. Had this been released last week, I would have gotten a proper schedule at camp, but apparently that couldn't happen.

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I think the navigation tools such as seeing when the individual corps performed came later, during the winter, although it could be I didn't notice it until that time. Also, the schedule changed a bit during the winter months last year and a few OC shows were added, so this just whets the appetite. 

Hopefully by then we know all of the TBA shows and locations