TOC shows

I have read in several threads that TOC shows aren't the same as before so I decided to do a tally.

TOC shows

7/14 TOC northern Illinois

7/17 TOC Oklahoma

7/20 TOC Texas

7/29 Nightbeat TOC

8/1 TOC Chester

8/5 TOC drums along the waterfront

8/6 TOC Massillon

Number of TOC appearances (please correct me if I miscount- my initial tally will be champions+ Boston- I will add other corps later today

Cavaliers: 7/7

Bluecoats: 6/7

Blue Devils: 5/7

Boston 5/7

Phantom Regiment 5/7

Santa Clara Vanguard 5/7

Crown 4/7

Cadets 3/7

Madison Scouts 2/7

The thinnest lineup championship wise is Northern Illinois but it is the same night as DATR. Curiously Bluecoats and crown are in N. KY that night.

Otherwise OK is missing Cadets, Crown

Texas and Nightbeat are the full regular TOC crowd.

Only BD is missing from Chester.

Buffalo is a very diverse full lineup with 10 of the top 15 corps- but crown will be in Pittsburgh and PR and cadets have the night off

Missing from Massillon are BD (I have never seen them in Massillon), the cadets, and Phantom. Phantom and the Cadets will be in Erie instead. I live smack in between the two shows...andy husband is a big PR fan and always likes to see what the Cadets are up to...but, as a BK fan, I like the Massillon lineup way better.

Okay here we go for other corps in TOC lineups:

Blue Knights 5/7

Crossmen 3/7

Mandarins 2/7

Blue Stars 2/7

Colts 2/7

Academy 1/7

Pioneer 1/7

Cadets 2 1/7

Corps not in TOC shows: Troopers, SOA, OC, PC, Genesis, Music City, Seattle Cascades, Jersey Surf

I guess in conclusion it looks to me like the Cadets aren't a full participant in TOC and Crown has a weird schedule but everything else looks normal.

Edited by ThePlanets

Interesting to me that every year TOC shows start to look a little more like regular season shows.

Edited by jpaul
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Buffalo is a very diverse full lineup with 10 of the top 15 corps- but crown will be in Pittsburgh and PR and cadets have the night off

SCV is also absent from the Buffalo lineup. But it’s hard to complain when there’s 10 solid corps that will be there.

Nice research work from The Planets DCP poster here. I found it interesting and informative. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not going to Dekalb next year. 

Is that in '18 (this season) or "19 (next season) I ask in '17 (the season just passed now known as the past) ??? Need to inform the local Chamber of Commerce due to the anticipated downturn in the economy as a consequence.

Edited by xandandl