An ill-conceived FloSports venture ...

Interesting Deadspin article about the ill-fated FloSlam (terrible name, btw).

Makes me wonder what type of contract DCI was with FloSports. If a tiny pro wrestling promotion was able to get out of it unscathed ... is DCI?

Also - if DCI is able to get out: who do I talk to for a free "FloMarching" T-shirt? I need more hipster ironic drum corps swag.

2 minutes ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

Interesting Deadspin article about the ill-fated FloSlam (terrible name, btw).

Makes me wonder what type of contract DCI was with FloSports. If a tiny pro wrestling promotion was able to get out of it unscathed ... is DCI?

Also - if DCI is able to get out: who do I talk to for a free "FloMarching" T-shirt? I need more hipster ironic drum corps swag.

first off, WWn isn't exactly WWE. It's not even TNA/Impact or ROH. WWN is like the Single A of pro wrestling. many of the smaller circuits try to do online ventures, and a majority of them blow up. I'm not assigning all blame to WWN, as Flo has had it's issues ( in fact i was messaged by someone higher up who wasn't pleased of my public criticisms. given that he gave up quickly, I think my lecture on how to handle customers either hit home or he learned arguing with me is useless.)

However, Flo is probably saving DCI money by not having to do it on their own in addition to not using other places.Unless the service gets worse than last year, I don't expect a change

It's mentioned in there that FloSports is still venture capital-funded.  Does that add a degree of risk to their marching side?  I'm assuming the sports side makes them far more money, but I'm guessing they still don't turn much if any of a profit yet.  Or am I over-analyzing this?

Mike

While I'm not jumping up and down in excitement from FLO...I actually thought the service (with it's flaws) was actually not that bad at all...I only subscribed for a short-period toward the end of season (paid one month fees only) and 1/2 of those shows I was in live attendance, so I didn't get any value from that. That said, I thought the level of service was as good as other DCI stream offering of the past sans the dvr option...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wigwam said:

How could it get any worse?

I watched most of last summer's DCI streams and most of this fall's BOA streams, and only one night had any issues. I still firmly believe that most of the problems people complain about are end-user issues. Is FLO perfect> No. But they are a getting the job done, and did just fine for year one.