Genesis 2018

Didn’t see a thread yet for this year, please combine if I missed it.

Short video out from November auditions.  I know we served around 400 students in the food truck...

They also inked a new uniform deal with Band Shoppe.  All new horns coming this fall from Kanstuhl too.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, jandro71 said:

Putting out a guess that the Mr. Bungle song they'll be playing is Retrovertigo? The whole "Drive in to the wormhole" thing and the style of that song kinda make sense. Either way, I'll be happy with anything they pick, that group is awesome!

I’m hoping that it’s Ars Moriendi. Would fit perfectly with what I bet is the John Zorn song (Briel).

I’m also hoping that the Jonathan Elias piece is something from The Prayer Cycle and the Peter Gabriel song is In Your Eyes. I’m not a big Metallica fan, so I have no idea what they’ll be doing from that band.

Got to hear a sampling of this at the December camp.  With Naffier arranging and Buckingham leading Brass it’s goibg to be a hoot...

• 2 months later...

Genesis 2018: "Retrovertigo"

As announced on their Instagram account. An official announcement on their website should be forthcoming (hence why I'm mentioning it here and not the "2018 Programs & Playlist" thread just yet).

https://www.instagram.com/genesisfenixcam/

• Like 1

Got to hear this - will be a departure from what the activity has seen from Genesis so far, and in a very good way...

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 1