Fan Face-off: Bluecoats 2014 vs Bluecoats 2016

2014 gets the nod from me.

That percussion book was crazy good, the concept was there throughout the entire show (I mean how many ways can you "TILT" something?  Bluecoats: "Hold our beer while we "TILT" the sound as well.)  The thing a lot of people talk about is the "pitch bend" at the end, but they were "TILTing" the sound throughout the entire show.  A fun show that I still have not grown tired of watching or listening to.

5 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

2014 gets the nod from me.

That percussion book was crazy good, the concept was there throughout the entire show (I mean how many ways can you "TILT" something?  Bluecoats: "Hold our beer while we "TILT" the sound as well.)  The thing a lot of people talk about is the "pitch bend" at the end, but they were "TILTing" the sound throughout the entire show.  A fun show that I still have not grown tired of watching or listening to.

That 2014 Tilt show was one of the best, especially the  ballad. It wears well. A bit ironic that not until the very last night of the season were Coats able to score above the Cadets, which was the last time the latter landed in the top 3.

I think Bloo '14 is similar to Crown '09 in that it was probably the corps' best show ever, even though it didn't win. In fact, Bloo '14 will almost certainly go down as the most talked about show from 2014 in the years to come, even though that was the same year BD broke the scoring record. Bloo '16 was a great show too, but '14 will better stand the test of time.