2018 Dci tight grouping predictions for both world and open class

After seeing the Blue Stars and Crossmen compete neck and neck with eachother all season this year, 

I began to wonder which corps might be in that same situation next season where they are right next to each other in terms of scoring and placement. 

My tight grouping predictions for next season are the following:

Blue Devils v.s. Santa Clara Vanguard

Santa Clara Vanguard v.s. Carolina Crown

Bluecoats v.s. Cavailers

Cadets v.s. Blue Knights

Phantom Regiment v.s. Blue Knights

Blue Stars v.s. Crossmen

Madison Scouts v.s. Mandarins

Blue Devils B v.s. Vanguard Cadets

Gold v.s. Golden Empire

Seattle Cascades v.s. Jersey Surf

Jersey Surf v.s. Pioneer

Music City v.s. Genesis

Battalion v.s. Columbians

Impulse v.s. Shadow

Shadow v.s. River City Rhythm 

Les Stentors v.s. Impulse

Pacific Crest v.s. Oregon Crusaders

Colts v.s. Academy

Oregon Crusaders v.s. Spirit of Atlanta

Again, these are just my predictions. What are your predictions? Do any of your predictions match any of mine? Do you agree or disagree with my predictions? Please comment in this thread and we will find out!

7th Regiment, Guardians, and Southwind duke it out for the Gold Medal at OC Finals.

Seriously though, I don't know enough yet to make an informed prediction. History suggests that what was tight this year, may be tight next year. I'm looking forward to an even more competitive Open Class with a few surprises thrown in.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2017 at 1:21 PM, kkrepps said:

7th Regiment, Guardians, and Southwind duke it out for the Gold Medal at OC Finals.

Seriously though, I don't know enough yet to make an informed prediction. History suggests that what was tight this year, may be tight next year. I'm looking forward to an even more competitive Open Class with a few surprises thrown in.

May be a bit biased but I like the sound of Southwind being a contender!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Battalion vs Columbians will be an interesting one to watch!  First year of Battalion, Columbians racked in 1st place at all the competitions.  They went a different direction with their program last year and Battalion appeared significantly bigger.  They went neck & neck all season long.  This year will be very interesting as they both seem to be in an upswing.  Should be some great competition in the Pacific Northwest!! 

• Like 1