Star '91 Question

On 4/25/2018 at 11:26 AM, queenanne_1536 said:

An interest fact about Star '91. They are the only champion in history to not win a single caption outright, but tied for 1st in three (GE with Phantom, Brass with BD, and Percussion with Cavies). They finished 3rd in Visual. Personally, I'm not sure why they didn't win GE and Brass outright, but it is what it is.

Sorry for being that guy, useless fact alert, Percussion had a 3 way tie with Cavies, SCV and Star

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 2:17 PM, Jeffe77 said:

Sorry for being that guy, useless fact alert, Percussion had a 3 way tie with Cavies, SCV and Star

Be that guy. Thank you. I had forgotten that.

On 12/11/2017 at 8:49 PM, ftwdrummer said:

So, we've read the story of Zingali teaching the cross-to-cross on the fly, more or less coming up with it on the spot in rehearsal one day. Does anyone remember what the ending to the show was before that got put in?

What I remember (I was in a smaller corps and usually saw Star either from the side or, a couple times, from the stands) was that the original ending was a long, drawn-out crescendo, using the fourth movement, The Pines of the Appian Way.  Honestly, although it was executed nicely, it simply lacked energy.

It was a few weeks later that the new ending appeared (after the new opener drill, too) and literally everyone was abuzz about it, from the spectators to the kids in other corps.  I remember lining up for retreat and hearing the crowds light up for Star, thinking, "Holy f***, whatever they're doing must be WAY better than before..."

On 5/6/2018 at 5:19 PM, Leland said:

It was a few weeks later that the new ending appeared (after the new opener drill, too) and literally everyone was abuzz about it, from the spectators to the kids in other corps.  I remember lining up for retreat and hearing the crowds light up for Star, thinking, "Holy f***, whatever they're doing must be WAY better than before..."

Sorely miss the big drill moves of that era.  That's what got fans out of their seats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Sorely miss the big drill moves of that era.  That's what got fans out of their seats.

Me too. I wish we had the modern changes (eletronics, props, visual uniforms) with hornlines playing most of the show and great drill. I felt SCV was the only corps last year to do it for me.

• Like 1