All time shows: The Crossmen

2004 is far and away my favorite Crossmen show. I can watch it over and over. Super under rated.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

top5

Almost like looking into a mirror. 

But I have a beard right now.

The 90's Crossmen are always going to get a lot of love, but I want to give a shout out to the early 80's corps like 80 and 81.  They were thoroughly entertaining and had one of the best screamers who ever played DCI (Gary Caffrey).  Some one recently put a video up of the 81 show on "1980's Drum & Bugle Corps" Facebook page and it brought back memories.

• Like 1

My top 5 favorites.....

1.  1992 - without question. One of the best percussion books ever. It was hellacious!

2.  1991

3.  1980 - Gary Caffrey gets lost in the Jerry Noonan discussion. He could wail!

4.  1981

5.  2002

Top least favorites.....

1995, 1996 - could not handle the shakos

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

Favorites...all of them.

1992- The first "really good" drum corps I saw in my life. Still years later, that show is INCREDIBLE!!! The percussive groove Thurston wrote underneath basically the entire show is just tasty. Then there's the percussion feature...pure groove and aggression (I mean seriously, how many high school band students stood behind a marimba and tried to get that mallet part down to start that whole thing)!!! Then the ending with the question mark, and one of the very few "fan screams" that wasn't just stupid..."Crossmen drumliiiiiiiiiiine" then then *ding*

1998- The opener was cooking, and the whole show was "toe-tapping" fun.

2012- Because Crossmen were BACK!!! It was one of the only times I ever cried because of a drum corps show.  Sitting in the stands that night at Finals, and knowing that they were back, and feeling the energy from the members, was amazing (I still think the Semis run was a bit better, IMHO).

one note...the Crossmen drumline wasnt happy with the scream. they kinda went looking to see if they could find them

8 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Almost like looking into a mirror. 

But I have a beard right now.

i do too i havent shaved since 7:30 AM

• Haha 1

Favorite Crossmen Shows : ( no particular order )

'79...(Theme from Superman for their closer !)

'78

'82

' 92 

'97

2005 ( and they didn't even make Finals this year... but I still loved the show/ music )

Least Favorite.... there were only a couple.... but 2013 stands out... " Protest "

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1