In summary:

Proposals that passed:

• 15 corps in Finals
  • Updates to Music Analysis (both)
  • 154 members
  • Annual Rules Congress

Proposals that failed:

• Ordinals proposal
  • 5-judge panels (not listed in original proposals)
  • Brass amplification limitations

Status unknown (possibly withdrawn):

• No scores before July 1
  • Brass 2 judge

The directors will take the final vote on all passed proposals.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Love how they pointed out ordinals shot down 24-1 lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Love how they pointed out ordinals shot down 24-1 lol

Gee, I wonder who that 1 was...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With the failure of the brass amplification rule, I just can't be excited about the coming season. Of last year's top 12, I only listen to Blue Knights, Blue Stars, and Crossmen. Everything else just doesn't sound good on recorded media. Now I can't see this situation getting any better, and I'm seriously considering not investing in any media at all next season. What's the point when electronics are so tedious to listen to? The talk at the end of the video is just that: talk. If the designers really wanted to listen, they would have agreed on the limitation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

So there’s no new limitation on brass amplification, but the way Caviliers guy was talking makes it seem like the corps will at least tone it down from last year, which is nice 

I sincerely doubt it. It's becoming a race to the bottom. 

What happens next in the process? When do directors vote and do they typically concur with the instructors, or do we expect any changes?

Edited by F15_22

4 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

With the failure of the brass amplification rule, I just can't be excited about the coming season. Of last year's top 12, I only listen to Blue Knights, Blue Stars, and Crossmen. Everything else just doesn't sound good on recorded media. Now I can't see this situation getting any better, and I'm seriously considering not investing in any media at all next season. What's the point when electronics are so tedious to listen to? The talk at the end of the video is just that: talk. If the designers really wanted to listen, they would have agreed on the limitation. 

While no rule is in place I think some better choices will be made by the corps. They know the paying public has concerns, and it’ll be thought of as shows get fleshed out. I think the judging community might feel emboldened to send messages 

• Like 2