After hearing about Storm Drum and Bugle emerging out of Indiana, I wondered if there were any other states that have only one drum corps in them and states that are getting a drum corps for the first time. Below is a list of drum corps and the states that they are from.

Storm Drum and Bugle Corps - Indiana - Plans on joining DCI's open class in 2020

Arsenal Drum and Bugle Corps - New Mexico - Plans on joining DCI's open class in 2019

Appalachian Gold Drum and Bugle Corps - West Virginia - Plans on joining DCI's open class in 2019

Armada Drum and Bugle Corps - Idaho - Plans on joining DCI's open class in 2018

*Arsenal Drum and Bugle Corps believes that years into the future, there will be a new drum corps in the world class division from the southwest. :)

Edited by Dchristian125
  • Like 2

Best wishes to all these new corps,been a while since new corps have entered the field.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

Because if there is one thing Idaho is known for, it's ships.

Yes....,.  Pringle's potato ships. The sea salt reportedly makes 'em go fast.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I saw Arsenal at DCI San Antonio last year, and I was impressed with both the look and sound.  I don't know anything about the org itself, but they definitely had some smart minds on the educational staff side.

Mike

• Like 2

11 hours ago, skevinp said:

Because if there is one thing Idaho is known for, it's ships.

Believe it or not there are actually some US Navy training, research and command centers in Idaho. Though I doubt that has anything to do with Armada's name.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Beckham said:

Believe it or not there are actually some US Navy training, research and command centers in Idaho. Though I doubt that has anything to do with Armada's name.

Kinda like China Lakes Naval Weapons Station....up in the middle of the high desert of SoCal....

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1