Hub City Guardians

The Hub City Guardians began with the idea to bring a drum corps opportunity to the students of West Texas. We wanted to create an experience for students that was affordable and local, designed with our area of the state in mind. We could not possibly have anticipated the huge interest this would spark in areas outside of Lubbock and the surrounding communities. Musicians from all over the state have expressed interest in what Hub City has to offer. 

While this means great things for the future of our program, we did not plan or anticipate the extreme interest we have received. It would not be fair to you to promise an affordable and complete experience when we have not prepared for our many prospective members who are traveling great distances to attend camps. With this in mind, we’ve made the decision to push back our inaugural season to 2019 to provide our staff ample time to prepare for the large group of interested participants. 

Thank you for your interest in The Hub City Guardians. We hope you stay connected with us over the next year and hope to see you in 2019!

Image may contain: text

When looking at this facebook post above, I thought of some possible theories about the future of the Guardians Organization. According to the post above, they take Hub City Guardians to the field. There was so much interest in the new corps that if the Guardians organization ran both corps, it would be to much for the staff to handle. That being said, my theory is that once the staff have prepared for the large amount of prospective members that are interested in the corps, the Hub City Guardians would eventually replace the Guardians in open class. That being said, as a result of Hub City Guardians replacing the Guardians in open class, the Guardians Drum and Bugle Corps would move into World Class. Once that happens, The Guardians Organization would be the first organization in over 45 years to have a feeder Open Class corps and a World Class main corps. ( The last organization to create a feeder corps for their main corps was Santa Clara Vanguard in 1971 ). Again, this is my theory. Please share below your thoughts on my theory and please share your own theories that you may have!

Edited by Dchristian125

Not speaking from any inside information, just an educated guess.  Guardians are on a slow and steady path - I don't see them in WC for a while yet.  They're working their way up from what was essentially a regional tour last year to a semi-national tour this year.  Smart and sustained.

I was interested in Hub City - my son is just venturing into the DCI waters on contra - but honestly, I'm glad to see them take the extra time to get it right.  HC is aimed for more "weekend" drum corps with a micro tour.  If we still had D3, it'd probably be more aligned with it.  But as for taking the extra year, again smart - in the long run it's better to provide a great experience from the get go than keep pushing the boulder uphill right out of the gate. 

Mike

• Like 1