Music City hit my radar as a great corps in 2015 when I stumbled across a YouTube video of their planets show.  What a great performance from an up and coming OC corps.

I saw them live at Semis for the first time in 2017 and The Tribe was in my personal top 3 of the corps that missed finals. I said to my mom "This corps is ready for world class" I am really looking forward to what they come up with in 2018.  Seems to be the right location for a new WC corps and they seem to get a lot of interest.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Thus moving another corps down another peg!

That's what happens with any activity where scores are kept and end of season championships are held.  In D&BC there have been dozens of corps over the decades who jumped ahead of many established corps beginning with their first show.

• Like 1

Nashvillian here.  I've been following Music City since I first discovered them in 2016.  Seems like there is a great vibe going on this year that bodes well for their inaugural world class season.  I agree with ThePlanets assessment of "Tribe".  I thought it was one of the most ingenious, musically entertaining shows of the season.  

This year's staff is loaded with talent and great attitudes and the new executive director, Kent Baker, seems like the right person at the right time to become their first, full-time ED.  Lots of good reasons to expect a great show and 2018 season from Music City.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Music City hit my radar as a great corps in 2015 when I stumbled across a YouTube video of their planets show.  What a great performance from an up and coming OC corps.

Out of curiosity, is this why your screen name is ThePlanets?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Out of curiosity, is this why your screen name is ThePlanets?

Good question! Actually I just really like to use celestial screen names and the Planets from Holst is one of my favorite works. But I can't say for sure that it wasn't a contributing factor. :sigh:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I loved them from their opening hit in Ft. Wayne during the 2014 tour that wasn’t supposed to happen.  They made everyone sit up and say, “Whoa. They sound bigger than they look.”  The BD parent sitting next to me was super impressed. 

I'd still like to see a double performance of Music City doing the Tribe show and Madison doing Last Man Standing simultaneously while facing each other.  

• Haha 1

As a 2017 MCDC member, now contracted for 2018, I think I can safely say that all the vets from 2017 are VERY excited for this season. It looks like we're having a pretty good retention of vets coming back this year! I'm very happy to be with this corps, scores and placement aside. 

On another note, I've noticed our tour schedule is not in here! Here it is:

June 27 - Evansville, IN
June 30 - Philadelphia, PA
July 5 - Clifton, NJ
July 7 - Columbia, SC
July 8 - Orlando, FL
July 10 - Valdosta, GA
July 11 - Hoschton, GA
July 12 - Knoxville, TN
July 14 - Alexandria, KY
July 15 - St. Louis, MO
July 16 - Bentonville, AR