Drum Corps as an example of Meaner Society?

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Maybe someone should do an 'Up With People' show....

Somebody's gotta die at the end though.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Somebody's gotta die at the end though.

Phantom cornered that market

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2010 had the word dark if that's what you mean? What does the author mean by mean (if you know what I mean)? Blue Knights were often considered dark before their time. 2006 Dark Knights and 2007 Dark Dances. As we travel toward the dark side, what does this mean? (A :wink: and a ::nod:: if you know what I mean. Monty Python is dark humour too imo)

Edited by lindap

On 12/22/2017 at 11:35 AM, glory said:

x240-Ca4.jpg

Dark.

HH

SKP_5503SKP_5992SKP_5751SKP_5682

You copied a picture from a dark rehearsal with no costume (you know, the corps-proper in almost entirely white) . I passed on it when you replied. But I was just going through a new album of Gareth Skipp's photos at Finals and I wasn't exactly getting "dark" from these. Or lacking joy. So I thought I would share.

Also, to help out in understanding the color scheme of the stage, the black isn't providing darkness to any theme. It serves to make the whiteness of the center line more crisp and even brighter. The contrast is key.

Also, also ... show me color guard that had brighter flags and rifles that Bluecoats 2017 (one well-evidenced in your rehearsal photo). :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

SKP_5503SKP_5992SKP_5751SKP_5682

You copied a picture from a dark rehearsal with no costume (you know, the corps-proper in almost entirely white) . I passed on it when you replied. But I was just going through a new album of Gareth Skipp's photos at Finals and I wasn't exactly getting "dark" from these. Or lacking joy. So I thought I would share.

Also, to help out in understanding the color scheme of the stage, the black isn't providing darkness to any theme. It serves to make the whiteness of the center line more crisp and even brighter. The contrast is key.

Also, also ... show me color guard that had brighter flags and rifles that Bluecoats 2017 (one well-evidenced in your rehearsal photo). :lol:

They weren’t dark.  They were fun. 

• Like 1

...um...hi...i was baptized (Estonian) lutheran lol;)

edit: double post, yikes, see below, good golly, can't click, ima old chick, cut me some slack jack lol

Edited by lindap

On 12/25/2017 at 3:35 PM, Lance said:

i care a lot about what somebody on a site called "baptist news" thinks

anything from methodists or lutherans? 

...um...hi...i was baptized (Estonian) lutheran lol;)