Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders

Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?

• Cadets
    • Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Personally,  I think Boston will keep moving up. I see their staff has great creative license and that'll only translate to results. As for Cadets, I no longer have faith in them. They've been on a downward trajectory for years, and I don't see it getting any better. I hope to be proven wrong, but I don't think that'll happen. 

Feel real bad for you, Dude.  I just listened to 2000 today.  OMG.  But, you know, traditions survive individual personalities.  Although this one's been strong, there is hope that We Are The Future.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, garfield said:

Feel real bad for you, Dude.  I just listened to 2000 today.  OMG.  But, you know, traditions survive individual personalities.  Although this one's been strong, there is hope that We Are The Future.

There's no reason to feel bad for me. I seized my days 100% and enjoyed the hell out of them. It's up to the Cadets of today to seize their day. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

There's no reason to feel bad for me. I seized my days 100% and enjoyed the hell out of them. It's up to the Cadets of today to seize their day. 

Have faith, Champions for decades ( if smart ) don't just fade away. You can't just un learn what took decades to learn , no matter who stands in front. The Cadets ( Holy Name ) has been bigger than any one person staff or admin.

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

You can't just un learn what took decades to learn.

True. But thats a double edged sword too. There are times when what you learned before,  needs to be unlearned, to make room for some "  entirely brand new, learnings ". We have always said how the " Drum Corps activity " evolves. Well, organizations, especially any run by one individual" for decades" essentially the same way, needs to successfully evolve too. Maybe we can " teach an old dog new tricks". We are about to find out over the next few years it seems to me, as good bad or indifferent, it appears no young pups are being bred in the Cadets liter at the moment to future run their operation..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

True. But thats a double edged sword too. There are times when what you learned before,  needs to be unlearned, to make room for some "  entirely brand new, learnings ". We have always said how the " Drum Corps activity " evolves. Well, organizations, especially any run by one individual" for decades" essentially the same way, needs to successfully evolve too. Maybe we can " teach an old dog new tricks". We are about to find out over the next few years it seems to me, as good bad or indifferent, it appears no young pups are being bred in the Cadets liter at the moment to future run their operation..

part of  decades of any success is knowing when ( as you say ) to make room and evolve. This can ( or cant ) involve people there for decades. Blue Devils are proof that moving forward does not have to mean change hands BUT change ideas or an approach. Now one cant also trip on themselves and be of closed mind.

Many things are a double edge sword for sure. Even with success, often what brings a group to success can also be the very thing that brings them down,

Edited by GUARDLING

The Cadets almost folded in 1980. What the Cadets are going thru at the moment pales to that. They not only rebounded from that near folding of their Corps, we know they not only rebounded, they flourished, and like never before too. Time will tell where the Cadets go from here. But its not like they are on the ropes and are about to fall off the face of the earth here... lol!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

The Cadets almost folded in 1980. What the Cadets are going thru at the moment pales to that. They not only rebounded from that near folding of their Corps, we know they not only rebounded, they flourished, and like never before too. Time will tell where the Cadets go from here. But its not like they are on the ropes and are about to fall off the face of the earth here... lol!

Very true. There can be quite the surprise!

13 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Very true. There can be quite the surprise!

The continued rumors of staffers not being paid anywhere near on time is scary, though. You cannot run an organization with so many bodies on the road for months with constant money issues, it eventually catches up with you. 

• Like 2

IMO Seems like the pool of talent isn’t as deep or as wide like it once was for the Cadets. From the looks of other corps camps, Cadets are not a top destination corps these days with high numbers of potential members showing up for auditions. I’m sure they will fill out with cuts from other corps and be a respectable top 12 corps. Hear good things about BAC and I expect them to be the beast of the East. 

44 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO Seems like the pool of talent isn’t as deep or as wide like it once was for the Cadets. From the looks of other corps camps, Cadets are not a top destination corps these days with high numbers of potential members showing up for auditions. I’m sure they will fill out with cuts from other corps and be a respectable top 12 corps. Hear good things about BAC and I expect them to be the beast of the East. 

what are your sources for these generalizations or are you making conjectures? Do you have facts and figures or just rumors and hear say?  Cadets used a very different method of auditions for them this year including video. January and after will tell.

Crown is still to be considered the current contemporary standard of the East until proven on the field otherwise.

One season by an upstart is not the definition of a legacy no matter how much bitter baggage you carry.

• Like 2