Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders

Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?

• Cadets
    • Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, sched88 said:

You live in Mechanicsburg too?  Wow!  It's the Planet Fitness on Gettysburg Pike. You can see it from US 15 close to Stauffer's of Kissel Hill and Hoss's.  I didn't know I had drum corps people so close to me.  I thought I was the only fan in the area.  This area isn't very drum corps friendly from my experience. I get made fun of for liking it.  Good to know there are others here. We should meet for dinner some time and discuss drum corps!

Mechanicsburg is very drum corps friendly, especially if you're a DCA fan! Mechanicsburg,Red Land, Cedar Cliff CV, Carlisle and more all have had many alumni go on to march in DCI and DCA, as well as several who have taught in DCI, DCA or both! not much for local shows since HERCO screwed over Five Star Brass about 12 years ago, but the Harrisburg region is very drum corps friendly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sched88 said:

You know I thought that too.  There are plenty of competitive marching bands in the area but a lot of the people in my circles never heard of drum corps or think marching band is stupid.  I know there has to be others out there but I just never seem to run into them.  I don't see other people wearing any corps t-shirts or anything else to identify them as fans.  

hit up a TOB or Cavalcade of Bands show. jackets abound!

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I know you mean the grocery store, but BAC homers might allude to other understandings.

..|.|...

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Mechanicsburg is very drum corps friendly, especially if you're a DCA fan! Mechanicsburg,Red Land, Cedar Cliff CV, Carlisle and more all have had many alumni go on to march in DCI and DCA, as well as several who have taught in DCI, DCA or both! not much for local shows since HERCO screwed over Five Star Brass about 12 years ago, but the Harrisburg region is very drum corps friendly. 

I need a new circle of friends then!  LOL  Seriously though, I know they're around but I never come into contact with them. I used to go to Cavalcade shows back in the 80's and early 90's but then I went to my first DCI show at Hershey and I haven't been to a marching band show since!  It's through Cavalcade that I found out about the Hershey Spectacular in the program.  Yeah, I'm still a little bitter about the Hershey Show.  I had tickets purchased that year and got the letter about the cancellation due to a more profitable rock concert. That show was so close and convenient and they took it away.  

6 hours ago, sched88 said:

I need a new circle of friends then!  LOL  Seriously though, I know they're around but I never come into contact with them. I used to go to Cavalcade shows back in the 80's and early 90's but then I went to my first DCI show at Hershey and I haven't been to a marching band show since!  It's through Cavalcade that I found out about the Hershey Spectacular in the program.  Yeah, I'm still a little bitter about the Hershey Show.  I had tickets purchased that year and got the letter about the cancellation due to a more profitable rock concert. That show was so close and convenient and they took it away.  

grew up at that show....even went to the court hearing to cover it for Drum Corps World. as DCi seems to be looking at bigger stadiums for even local shows, most High Schools around us just don't fit the bill.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

as DCi seems to be looking at bigger stadiums for even local shows, most High Schools around us just don't fit the bill.

Might this be the case since shows are designed for the larger indoor stadiums?

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

grew up at that show....even went to the court hearing to cover it for Drum Corps World. as DCi seems to be looking at bigger stadiums for even local shows, most High Schools around us just don't fit the bill.

Right!  YEA! had one at Chambersburg but Hop said they didn't make enough at that show so they didn't come back there either.  Now, the closest thing is Allentown or Chester.  I know that's not real far, but it was so nice to have something less than an hour away.

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Quite true.

Over the years, I've traveled from Baltimore to that area so many times for drum corps events... I could probably drive sections of I-83 blindfolded without a problem!!  LOL

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Might this be the case since shows are designed for the larger indoor stadiums?

maybe but when you consider 95% of the tour is outside, no. What we have here for HS stadiums can't compare to pro or college venues or the Texas monsters. Even Pittsburgh which has a few really nice stadiums for PA standards can't match texas