'79 Boston Crusader Video

Don't know why their isn't any volume. If your still interested you can go to The Drum Corp Heritage Society facebook page and find it under the video section. You could just choose to watch the visual which is certainly worth it considering that one of the visual performance judges at the D.C.I. prelims had us in 9th place that year which ain't so bad for a Corps that had only about 60 members. Having said that we also came in 12th place in G.E. Brass in the prelims despite having only 25 Brass so you might just want to hear that performance as well.

The volume's there, man. Lower right corner. It mutes itself by default and you have to slide it up.:satisfied:

1979, right? I was a 16 year old rookie with Westshore when I saw this show at East prelims and became a fan. :satisfied:

Got the "Boston: Quality not Quantity" shirt, and a big-###ed Orange badge that's somewhere at Mom and Dad's with a huge collection of badges. And I know I have a period pin I still have on one of my corps hats I'll wear to a contest.. Good memories, man. Thanks for sharing.:worthy:

I did notice the volume control but even when I maxed it out along with the volume control on my computer I still find the volume lacking.

What a killer small corps they had that year. Talk about high energy.... wow.

We saw a show one evening in Cranford, NJ in '79... BAC was delayed by traffic or something like that. They got there right after the show ended and the scores had been announced,  and we were all heading to our cars. 

The corps got off the buses and headed for the field to perform an exhibition... we all turned around and ran in to watch them. They tore the house down that night!!!

• Like 1

The corps in that era in many ways really did a lot for smaller sized corps- and bands- in terms of showing that smart arranging and design with well motivated and trained people could achieve a lot more then had really been assumed. I really think a lot of smaller HS bands and corps owe this corps a nod of respect because they raised the bar so high in terms of expectations and excellence.

I MUCH prefer this performance sound / version / volume / intensity than the recent era encore performance versions.  They just seem "polite"...