Troopers 2018: The New Road West

Streisand was 74 when she recorded that. I hear a few cracks but still, what a voice.

• 4 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see how Robert W. Smith will tie these songs together along with some original music.  Hoping for some new uniforms as well.  Sounds like it will be an older and more experienced corps this year.  

• 4 months later...

I watched rehearsal tonight.  I was shocked!  In a good way.  A very good way.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bearwy said:

I watched rehearsal tonight.  I was shocked!  In a good way.  A very good way.

Ooooooooooookay, as a Trooper mark, I'll bite.  Can you share what shocked you in a very good way? And, please say no tarps to play a big game of Twister on a football field.  :bigsmile:

• Haha 1

I have a great affection for the Troopers.  Spent about 1/3 of my life out west, New Mexico & Arizona, and the Troopers personify some of the best qualities of people who live in sparsely populated states with huge vistas around them every day.  They are so "America the Beautiful", reminding us with every show of some of the roots of our country, the brave, courageous, and persistent  plain folks who helped form the basis of the USA.  I saw their video on FB of them playing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" in honor of founder Jim Johnson.  They sounded awesome and they looked so military, so competent, so steady and stable.  I look forward to their show every year.  Like "Daave" above, I hope they don't use tarps this year, but I also hope they find a way to maintain their identity and still move up the ladder toward the top 12.  If they don't get there, I won't love them any less.

• Like 3

Have a great season and good luck, Troop!

From everything I'm hearing and seeing, this is going to be a good year for the Troopers. Pretty sure everyone will have chills right out of the gate. I heard they spent three hours with over 30 alumni from every era and really got to understand the scope of the Trooper history. Maybe there is some kind of Trooper magic in Wyoming. Glad they turned back home for this season. Probably helped with the hype.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I have a great affection for the Troopers.  Spent about 1/3 of my life out west, New Mexico & Arizona, and the Troopers personify some of the best qualities of people who live in sparsely populated states with huge vistas around them every day.  They are so "America the Beautiful", reminding us with every show of some of the roots of our country, the brave, courageous, and persistent  plain folks who helped form the basis of the USA.  I saw their video on FB of them playing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" in honor of founder Jim Johnson.  They sounded awesome and they looked so military, so competent, so steady and stable.  I look forward to their show every year.  Like "Daave" above, I hope they don't use tarps this year, but I also hope they find a way to maintain their identity and still move up the ladder toward the top 12.  If they don't get there, I won't love them any less.

America’s Corps!   Who doesn’t root for the Troop? :inlove:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Daave said:

Ooooooooooookay, as a Trooper mark, I'll bite.  Can you share what shocked you in a very good way? And, please say no tarps to play a big game of Twister on a football field.  :bigsmile:

You know,  It's always been quiet in Trooperland so, I don't want to spill the beans.  I can say this is the strongest horn line and color guard I've seen for them this early.  They are marching well.  Drums...It's all just "white noise" to me.  I see a spark and drive there that I believe has been missing for some time.  I think Trooper fans will be quite happy.  The music is cool and relatable.  I will see them this weekend for their sendoff show.

• Like 2