2018 Programs & Playlist

34 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Lots of announcements and teases this week.   

It is May after all....  :dancin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t throw around compliments willy nilly but that is a brilliant concept.  I like that BD doesn’t burden themselves with a defined storyline and focuses more on creating a mood.  And they do it year after year.  Amazing. 

This will be the first show that I've liked from them in a very long time. The music that I've heard is VERY BD and I like it.

• Like 1

These have been updated through MAY 11, 2018... You can always see first and second post for most updated playlists :)

kNztDo2.pngTroopers (Tracks 1, 2, 3)  QhgGqOZ.png Crossmen (Tracks 6, 7, 8) pa6wtJv.pngOregon Crusaders (Tracks 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

tktuvzep8065bnw6g.jpg Couchmen (Tracks 14, 15, 16, 17)  OuuMrrC.png Madison Scouts (Tracks 18 through 26)  kOfhJ7I.png Jersey Surf (Tracks 27 through 32)

OEKwL2s.png Carolina Crown (Tracks 33 through 37)  jySPeNa.png The Academy (Tracks 38 through 45)  7nXngqV.png The Cadets (Tracks 46, 47, 48, 49)

8M4tcGI.png Blue Knights (Tracks 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 )

d3ps103840xn78t6g.jpg Playlist

kNztDo2.pngTroopers (Tracks 1, 2, 3)   QhgGqOZ.png Crossmen (Tracks 6, 7, 8) pa6wtJv.pngOregon Crusaders (Tracks 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14) 

tktuvzep8065bnw6g.jpg Couchmen (Tracks 15, 16, 17, 18)  OuuMrrC.png Madison Scouts (Tracks 19 through 26) kOfhJ7I.png Jersey Surf (Tracks 27 through 32)

OEKwL2s.png Carolina Crown (Tracks 33 through 39)  jySPeNa.png The Academy (Tracks 40 through 45)  7nXngqV.png The Cadets (Tracks 46, 47, 48, 49)

8M4tcGI.png Blue Knights (Tracks 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 )

Edited by Liahona
updated playlists through May 11, 2018
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I guess they finally got the memo.

Or the point where DCI requires corps to submit proof of licensing for their music so DCI knows what licenses they need to get has passed, which means corps have now finalized their repertoire. I marched a show where a movement was replaced in May because Astor Piazzolla's estate took too long to get back to the staff about licensing and they replaced him with Bruckner, whose work is public domain.

22 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I guess they finally got the memo.

I actually think it's the typical one big corps gets the ball rolling and now everyone has to jump on the bandwagon.  Sheep bah!!   :)  lol 

The DCI MEMO.  they want all shows in by the date. Its a mandate. 

Edited by 777hornman

On 5/11/2018 at 8:24 PM, jjeffeory said:

This will be the first show that I've liked from them in a very long time. The music that I've heard is VERY BD and I like it.

Just curious If you had to compare 2018  to another BD corps as far as the style of the music goes what year would you compare it to?

9 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Just curious If you had to compare 2018  to another BD corps as far as the style of the music goes what year would you compare it to?

I'll give you 2 years: 1996 and 1987, but modern arranging aesthetics and more a Noir/Metropolis feel.  8-)

Edited by jjeffeory