Tracking DCI Tour

My girlfriend made/gave me a great Christmas gift to help with my obsession of following the DCI tour. Now I'll be able to add daily map graphics to my daily score analysis posts!

5aor4aO.jpg

XRUfr8R.jpg

0BtdCtc.jpg

zYqIyEn.jpg

NTOuqza.jpg

• Like 9

How thoughtful and clever. Neat. 

Very, very nice. Thank you.

You made me think of my Dad.  Before he passed about fifteen years ago he set up a stationary bike next to a similar wall map. At the end of this daily trek in his retirement, he'd move the pin the equivalent number of miles times ten or twenty and then go research the town where he had landed. The next day he did the same.

Now if a DCPer did the same beginning now and between the first contest, would you make tour and how far along??? (Great way to get in shape before ST or whenever one if volunteering.) I'm still working on getting around the track the first time and up and down those stadium stairs for the bathrooms between corps. New Year's resolution, ho, ho.

• Like 5

what a fun and insightful gift to give. will you be tracking their road trip or their destinations?

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, DrumCorpsRadio said:

My girlfriend made/gave me a great Christmas gift to help with my obsession of following the DCI tour. Now I'll be able to add daily map graphics to my daily score analysis posts!

5aor4aO.jpg

XRUfr8R.jpg

0BtdCtc.jpg

zYqIyEn.jpg

NTOuqza.jpg

Edited by Ghost

On 1/4/2018 at 10:01 AM, Mickk3 said:

what a fun and insightful gift to give. will you be tracking their road trip or their destinations?

My plan at the moment is to track the performance locations each day. If a corps is not at a show, then I'll try to use a rehearsal location if it's available to create a snapshot of where the World Class corps are on a daily basis. This may be difficult from July 17-31 when I'll be on the road (including shows in San Antonio, Hattiesburg, and Atlanta).

fun project. It's not always easy finding out the corps rehearsal spots. some don't post them online which is probably prudent in a way but for me, watching rehearsals is half the fun, even if they're going over the same bit 20 times. You may have to contact some corps reps. and ask for the itinerary.