DCI Growth Explosion between 2018 and 2020

6 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Don't know, but think Bayonne alum are also behind the new Highland Regiment forming here in NJ for DCA.

seems to as well yes

15 hours ago, Eleran said:

Ok, this corps is only one town away from me (about 10-15 minutes), and I'd never heard of it before this.   My son saw one reference to them on Facebook, but didn't know they were local, and no one at my town's high school appears to have been approached.  

I am 10-15 minutes in a different direction. I don't recall anything showing up at the school, but I am not there on a regular basis. Pictures on FB look like they had a nice turnout in December. Some great people associated with this new group...cross your fingers.

As of this year, an org must have been "living the dream" as a travelling, performing unit for a minimum of three years before they can petition to be considered for OC performance.

What does 2021 and beyond look like?  Are there any others in the wings?

Three years to spend money sending kids down the road mirroring as close as possible the full corps experience, while receiving almost no performance income, not being accepted as regulars at WC shows, and performing finals in Michigan City or Dayton to provide the full "drum corps experience" to kids.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Three years to spend money sending kids down the road mirroring as close as possible the full corps experience, while receiving almost no performance income, not being accepted as regulars at WC shows, and performing finals in Michigan City or Dayton to provide the full "drum corps experience" to kids.

The minor leagues can be tough.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 11:53 PM, Jeff Ream said:

seems to be some Bayonne alum. However they don't seem to take into account the DCA presence, also pulling many kids....Cabs, Bush, Fusion, Sun, SKy, Bucs, C2, Hurcs...for some reason i think i am forgetting someone LOL

On 1/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, Eleran said:

Ok, this corps is only one town away from me (about 10-15 minutes), and I'd never heard of it before this.   My son saw one reference to them on Facebook, but didn't know they were local, and no one at my town's high school appears to have been approached.  

It's website says "There is a demand for a new DCI Drum Corps in New Jersey. New Jersey needs another voice, a new look and sound."  I'm not certain I agree that there is demand (something I looked into myself in trying to start up a corps in this same area a few years ago), or a need for another DCI corps given that they already run the competitive DCI gamut from Raiders to Surf to Cadets.  A localized corps looking to perform within NJ would be good - that's what I was hoping to make - but their website seems to indicate an interest in pushing quickly into Open Class.  Oh well - good luck to them - always happy to see a push for growth.

Edited by Groove

On 1/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, Eleran said:

It's website says "There is a demand for a new DCI Drum Corps in New Jersey. New Jersey needs another voice, a new look and sound."  I'm not certain I agree that there is demand (something I looked into myself in trying to start up a corps in this same area a few years ago), or a need for another DCI corps given that they already run the competitive DCI gamut from Raiders to Surf to Cadets.  A localized corps looking to perform within NJ would be good - that's what I was hoping to make - but their website seems to indicate an interest in pushing quickly into Open Class.  Oh well - good luck to them - always happy to see a push for growth.

Hi, and thanks for the inquiry. As Creative Director of Encorps, I wanted to let you know that we have sent info and reached out to every band director in the area and have personally visited around 8. What school is it? If it is East Brunswick, I know Mr Toth and he has the info, he may not have shared it with his band. Many don't, and that's fine. However, our next rehearsal audition is this Sunday, January 28th at Brooks Crossing Elementary in South Brunswick. Drumline is completly full, but still recruiting Brass and Guard. Anyone interested can visit our site abd fill out the interest form and attend. Thank you very much. http://www.jamwithencorps.org/

15 hours ago, Pat Petrillo said:

Hi, and thanks for the inquiry. As Creative Director of Encorps, I wanted to let you know that we have sent info and reached out to every band director in the area and have personally visited around 8. What school is it? If it is East Brunswick, I know Mr Toth and he has the info, he may not have shared it with his band. Many don't, and that's fine. However, our next rehearsal audition is this Sunday, January 28th at Brooks Crossing Elementary in South Brunswick. Drumline is completly full, but still recruiting Brass and Guard. Anyone interested can visit our site abd fill out the interest form and attend. Thank you very much. http://www.jamwithencorps.org/

This poster also contributed his time, effort, and enthusiasm as a Cadet where he was awesome in the percussion section if I remember rightly. Beyond that, other stories will have to wait until the readers are a bit older. ha, ha. Not all his fun was with Bayonne.:innocent:

Dear new Drum Corps,

Congratulations.  We welcome you to our beloved activity...but Please, for the love of God, come up with better names for your corps.

Regards,

Fans