I wonder if the Rules committee discussed THIS?

It's the continuation of a long philosophical discussion... when the machines, computers and AI can do everything better and cheaper than we can, what do we do then? 

I guess we'll just sit at home enamored with our VR tech, traveling the world looking like supermodels when really we're at home, drinking protein shakes and trying not to stay too depressed when the power is out.  

Personally I think things like Drum Corps keep our culture from going down that path.  The camaraderie and visceral feel of a live drum corps with real kids (maybe some of them being our own) can't be replaced.  

I need to go buy some Cadets merch now.  :-D  

The rest of time will be called the Insufferably Patronizing Era, as our phones express the solution to the Hodge Conjecture in the form of a Sestina while telling us how valid our opinions are too. 

20 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

It's the continuation of a long philosophical discussion... when the machines, computers and AI can do everything better and cheaper than we can, what do we do then? 

I guess we'll just sit at home enamored with our VR tech, traveling the world looking like supermodels when really we're at home, drinking protein shakes and trying not to stay too depressed when the power is out.  

Personally I think things like Drum Corps keep our culture from going down that path.  The camaraderie and visceral feel of a live drum corps with real kids (maybe some of them being our own) can't be replaced.  

I need to go buy some Cadets merch now.  :-D  

Nah, DCI stands will still be packed when some designer gets the corps to do the showbattle:  "Alexis vs. Siri." 

We won't have enough popcorn as we throw the babies, ha, ha.

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

We won't have enough popcorn as we throw the babies, ha, ha.

Of course, we can ACTUALLY throw babies in the future -- virtual ones, that is.

:babies:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2018 at 1:50 PM, CrownBariDad said:

Of course, we can ACTUALLY throw babies in the future -- virtual ones, that is.

:babies:

Now that is a technological advance I'm cool with! lol

• Like 1