Best Corps Sections to Sit With at Regionals

I am planning on attending the big four events this year: San Antonio, Atlanta, Allentown, and Indianapolis.

I would like to purchase premium tickets for each event from the corps themselves. I am a Crossmen alumnus and will likely buy at least 1 show from them, but I am totally open to sitting in other corps' sections and have done so at various times with Carolina Crown, The Cadets and The Cavaliers. Without bashing any corps or its fan base, I'm curious which shows tend to have really high energy fan sections that are supportive of ALL corps performing at each of these events. Any thoughts?

It is REALLY important to me that the section is supportive of all corps and that most people are in their seats for most of the show rather than just their favorite.

Over the years I have purchased tickets from Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, Cadets, and Madison Scouts. I have not really noticed a difference in the blocks. Maybe there is more excitement when the corps who sold the tickets appears, but I do not see all that much rude behavior from fans themselves or out and out disrespect.  I do recall in Atlanta where I sat in a Cadets section that it was a reunion like atmosphere and friends who sat in the BAC section said the same, lots of BAC alums were together, but that was more like an old home week and I enjoyed it. I do recall in Indy in 2012 rude attitudes towards Blue Devils, but I was near the Carolina Crown block which was accused of the boorish behavior, and that's not where it came from, it was general admission. 

I don't think you can really go wrong, but there can always be the "bad apples" in any corps' section.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

I don't think you can really go wrong, but there can always be the "bad apples" in any corps' section.  

Or not in corps sections.  They are the rogue xxxxxxxx that you want to throw over the railing.   :laughing:

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Or not in corps sections.  They are the rogue xxxxxxxx that you want to throw over the railing.   :laughing:

Agreed!!!  Especially if they are the "know-it-all" jerk that runs their mouth the whole time as well.

• Like 3

The Drum Corps World folks. good time, lotta history and knowledge

• Like 2