Best Corps Sections to Sit With at Regionals

7 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

One of these days I am going to sit in The Cavaliers section....

They'd welcome you with open arms. hook'emCavies, as you are a terrific Cavaliers fan. Every Corps should have more fans of their favorite Corps that are just just like you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was randomly surrounded by Blue Stars alumni once.  They were friendly... but they constantly complained about "today's color guard" and about how much the staff must be getting paid!

Honestly, it was a bit of a laugh from time to time.

14 hours ago, BRASSO said:

They'd welcome you with open arms. hook'emCavies, as you are a terrific Cavaliers fan. Every Corps should have more fans of their favorite Corps that are just just like you.

Thanks BRASSO! Planning on going to any shows this summer?

4 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Thanks BRASSO! Planning on going to any shows this summer?

Yup.. 2 at least.. maybe 3 or 4.

There are a few corps that I have noticed as having sour puss fans, and one in particular that doesn’t seem to give it up for other corps and often comments negatively about all other corps. But it would start a massive flame war to mention them

the safest corps blocks are the ones having a good season and not expecting to medal 

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd follow up on this...

San Antonio - I purchased my tickets from Crossmen on February 5 and received the tickets in May. The tickets were excellent and exactly where I requested. There was a wide mix of fans of various corps in the section and even as an alumnus of the corps wearing a Crossmen shirt, I did not feel like I was in a Crossmen "section."

Atlanta - I purchased my tickets from Madison Scouts on April 14 and received the tickets in May. The tickets were excellent and exactly where I requested. There was a wide mix of fans of various corps in the section although there was a noticeable Madison Scouts presence (mostly because they were complaining about the corps...). This was definitely not a "homer" crowd and was a great place to be.

Allentown - I purchased my tickets from Phantom Regiment on February 11 and received the tickets in April. I ended up selling the tickets, but they were excellent seats exactly where the corps advertised.

Indianapolis - I purchased my tickets from Colts on May 19 and received the tickets on August 4. The tickets are not in the section I requested (638 instead of 138). I had to send numerous emails about the status of the tickets despite the fact the website says tickets would be mailed beginning on April 15. I was told that my section was changed based on "first come first served" and the number of requests for lower seating. I am extremely disappointed given the fact that I ordered the tickets 2.5 months ago and could have been given this information at the time so that I could have chosen to purchase the tickets elsewhere. Since Colts appear unable to assist me, I am reaching out to DCI customer service (which is phenomenal by the way) to see if there's anything I can do. Lesson learned - do not buy tickets from Colts.

I can also say I have had good luck ordering through the Madison Scouts. I've bought tickets for San Antonio and Indy from them, and both times I received exactly what I'd ordered. The tickets were mailed at least a month ahead of time, and the people in my section have always been good fans.

I have ordered my San Antonio tickets two years in a row from the Boston Crusaders, and while I got what I ordered, they send them out very late. Fortunately, I live in San Antonio, so it has not been a big problem, although it has worried me both times. Last year, I phoned their office and they were very helpful. This year, I was out of town & our mailboxes were broken into, so I was sure they would be gone, but fortunately they sent them so late that I ended up receiving them. Both times, I have seen no one really representing Boston near my seats - it's as though they were random seats.