Academy v.s. Colts, Who will finish and score higher next season?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Academy v.s. Colts, Who will finish and score higher next season?

• Academy
    • Colts

Hi everyone,

This is episode 7 of my match up series. In this episode, we will be looking at the Colts and The Academy. In 2017, both corps experienced changes. New uniforms, new staff, etc. Both corps were neck and neck with eachother. This match up should be very interesting to watch in the 2018. Now it time for you to vote. Who do you think will score and finish higher next season?

Vote and well will find out.

47bb30fa5255b7df0fa36751fb1b5f99.jpg5a18117cd670bd001b2e638e_N41XtnNYfxJN3-1

As Jeff Ream would say " whoever scores the...............................oh, never mind.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BoaDci said:

:whistle:

Your response will have inquiring minds wondering 1. whether you are marching with either Colts or Academy, or 2. are you remaining silent because you'll be competing against both and want to take the high road. Either way you'll be able to tell us who is right and who is wrong come late August.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Brasso's quote of Jeff Ream may be on target. It's hard to predict and both would love a return to finals. I've been impressed  with Colt's musically but design strikes me as problematic. Academy is great at whimsical shows that engage the audience, but last summer people kept pointing out that the show was not clean. I would rather use the word "polished." I saw Academy in Lawrence, Allentown, and Thursday and Friday in Indy. Each show I noticed an error, not a major one, but when scores are so close, errors and design flaws can be consequential, but it was a different error each  show. If Colts have shows designed similar to 2014 or 2015, they'll have the advantage. If Academy has more polish as it did in 2016, they'll have the advantage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BRASSO said:

As Jeff Ream would say " whoever scores the...............................oh, never mind.

Whoever scores the what? We have to know!

2 hours ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

Predicting results before the season starts or either corps you're talking about has even announced their show? That's a paddlin'.

Predicting the next season in the off season is as old as the activity. Sometimes you're on target, other times you eat a heaping helping of crow.

• Like 1