Spielberg to remake West Side Story

He could do something very controversial  ( easily ) With today's DAILY debates on people coming into the country, people in minorities, religious differences, gender, sexual accusations, political division, etc etc. WSS can have a very different flair from original YET send the same kind of message. JMO 

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

My inside sources say Spielberg is talking to Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift for the leads.

Kill me now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ghost said:

Junior?  Didn't know Talia Shire is transgender.

when did logic apply to a Rocky movie?

12 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe.. who knows... Spielberg will probably figure it out and choose the actors/actresses well. He's had a few misses with his films over the years, but mostly he hits it out of the park, imo

1941 never gets enough credit

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 5:28 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Does anyone in Hollywood have an original idea?  

No more or less so now than in the past, I think. The most famous version of The Maltese Falcon (1941), that great film written and directed by John Huston, starring Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Peter Lorre, and Sydney Greenstreet, was actually the third screen adaptation of Dashiell Hammett's novel in just ten years.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 6:30 PM, Michael Boo said:

I'm not crazy about the idea, but please keep in mind both "Ben Hur" with Charlton Heston and "The Maltese Falcon" with Humphrey Bogart were remakes.

Ah, I see Boo beat me to the punch.

Robbins/Wise won (co)Directing Oscars even though Robbins had been fired from the production. Neither thanked the other on stage. Good Heavens, as long as they're remaking HUGE Academy Award-winning films, will Spielberg take a crack at Titanic or Lord of the Rings, ROTK? Maybe All About Eve? I'm sure the completely replaceable Bette Davis could be forgotten, right? His horrible War of the Worlds remake (2005) was a bad copy of Independence Day which was a stinko copy of the terrific 1953 WOTW.

Edited by Tad_MMA
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Chita Rivera was Anita in the original Broadway production.  Just a little trivia nugget.  

I'm sure you've heard the Forbidden Broadway "Chita/Rita" parody. Hysterical. :4_joy:

• Like 1