Spielberg to remake West Side Story

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Will you be auditioning for the roles of Doc, LT. Schrank,  Officer Krupke, or Glad Hand?  You don't need to dance or sing for any of those roles.

Prob Schrank or Krupke.  I love playing cops. 

4 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Prob Schrank or Krupke.  I love playing cops. 

I can provide you with an Asp, glock 23, belt, pepper spray, holders, gloves, etc. for the audition.  You'll need to get a haircut first though!

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I can provide you with an Asp, glock 23, belt, pepper spray, holders, gloves, etc. for the audition.  You'll need to get a haircut first though!

I already have a duty belt fully accessorized. Hair is already short. 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:36 PM, MikeD said:

WSS was originally going to be ESS, with the story taking place on the lower East Side between Irish Catholic and Jewish families.

Yes....and in the ending Meira was to have lost her Tommy who collapsed with a heart attack as a result of a l lawsuit, . The writers were undecided if it should be an attorney or an accountant that would take out Tommy outside the Irish pub with the deliverance of a written court subpoena.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 3

On 1/27/2018 at 2:14 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Spielberg's War of the Worlds was good. Also, I would say, more faithful to the original novel than the 1953 version was.

Right. Because machines buried on Earth 1M years ago (AND NEVER DISCOVERED) start right up.  Conceptually, it was stupid from the start and stayed there. George Pal couldn't afford the FX in '53 to use tripods; the flying machines were absolutely creepy. And I studied the novel and the original film for post-grad work - you have no case here.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:49 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Let’s share with the class, shall we?  :laughing:

Hilarious. The original FB was better: "...moofie BERDDDDDDDDSION...of The Rink..." :laughing:  Also, at the end, they replaced "Debbie Allen"  with "Ruthie Henshaw" (I think.) Who is the latter?

Edited by Tad_MMA
oops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tad_MMA said:

Right. Because machines buried on Earth 1M years ago (AND NEVER DISCOVERED) start right up.  Conceptually, it was stupid from the start and stayed there. George Pal couldn't afford the FX in '53 to use tripods; the flying machines were absolutely creepy. And I studied the novel and the original film for post-grad work - you have no case here.

The 1953 version scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.  That’s my litmus test. :laughing:

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

Will you be auditioning for the roles of Doc, LT. Schrank,  Officer Krupke, or Glad Hand?  You don't need to dance or sing for any of those roles.

I can play a cranky old man sign me up for Doc!!

• Haha 2

the fight scene between the rockets and the jets can now be computer animated.....oh the possibilities.....

• Like 1