Spielberg to remake West Side Story

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Is it possible to just enjoy a movie anymore without it having to be some sort of an analysis?  Does every nook and cranny require analysis?

Change movie to drum corps shows and that’s how I feel sometimes.  :laughing:

Everyone should feel free to enjoy movies or books or paintings or drum corps at whatever level they like.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 1:18 PM, BRASSO said:

Will Christopher Walken be giving swimming lessons to the new Maria?

Robert Wagner sure won't be.

By the way: what incredible timing on your part.

Robert Wagner Has Been Named "Person of Interest" in Natalie Wood's Death

Today.

12 hours ago, Invictus said:

No.  I saw WotW.  Is it possible to just enjoy a movie anymore without it having to be some sort of an analysis?  Does every nook and cranny require analysis?  

In fact, after I saw the movie with a friend, I bought a new blender.  Every time I think about that blender I think of WotW.  It's not a tripod blender.  Maybe it should have been. 

I feel that way about "The Devil Wears Prada." I enjoy it on a surface level, although every single movement in that film was predictable and completely without thought. It's as though the director was reading from the UCLA Film School 101 Make-a-Movie outline, checking off things as he plodded along. Plus, it was a waste of talent for a great actress. (Mood shift...something lacking in the film.) I'm talking about Emily Blunt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

By the way: what incredible timing on your part.

Robert Wagner Has Been Named "Person of Interest" in Natalie Wood's Death

Today.

Ya, always thought there was more to this story than Natalie dying via an " accidental drowning "

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tad_MMA said:

I feel that way about The Devil Wears Prada...

I knew one of the supporting actors in that film when he was a student in our MFA program.

5 hours ago, Tad_MMA said:

I feel that way about "The Devil Wears Prada." I enjoy it on a surface level, although every single movement in that film was predictable and completely without thought. It's as though the director was reading from the UCLA Film School 101 Make-a-Movie outline, checking off things as he plodded along. Plus, it was a waste of talent for a great actress. (Mood shift...something lacking in the film.) I'm talking about Emily Blunt.

yeah, it was pure fluff, and i didn't think there was anything wrong with it

i could be wrong, but it felt like blunt and tucci were doing some improv in some scenes, and tried to outdo each other

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tad_MMA said:

The clothes were so fun, though. 

17 hours ago, Lance said:

yeah, it was pure fluff, and i didn't think there was anything wrong with it

i could be wrong, but it felt like blunt and tucci were doing some improv in some scenes, and tried to outdo each other

Scene w/ Andi's 1st day: when Emily tells her she'll go to Calvin Klein, she says, "Me?" Emily then snarks...ending with the line, "...some hideous skirt convention you have to go to..." She absolutely breaks up on "to" as the camera quickly cuts away. There's nothing in the commentary, but I think that line was so funny to Blunt that it was the best take they could get. I'd love to know the real answer.

If it MUST be done, there is no one I'd rather see do it than Spielberg though.  Just sayin...  Just PLEASE cast leads who can actually sing.