Championships Seating

I'm looking at tickets for championships. Are there sections to avoid, maybe with overhangs? What about the 600 section? 

2 hours ago, garfield said:

HERE is an old thread that beats this horse to death.

You may get new fans to proffer opinions, but they likely will sound a lot like what was already said back in '09 and '16.

Thanks for the link. We bought tickets at the last minute last year and I can't remember the section. We were in the last row of the section and there was a rather severe overhang.  It sounded horrible and got really hot to the point we had to leave.  It may have been in section 437. I'm wondering if any of the seats in the 600 sections have an overhang. 

Looked over the last 2 pages of the thread.

I have sat in 636 and 641...636 was just too far away but even halfway back 641 was awesome. No authentic sound issues. Some of the amplification was weird last year but I don't think that was just because of where we were sitting.

Liked the 600s so much We are near the front of 640 at semifinals this year. I like having the visual and usually get the close up opportunity in Massillon a few days before for most of the top corps.

Edited by ThePlanets

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Looked over the last 2 pages of the thread.

I have sat in 636 and 641...636 was just too far away but even halfway back 641 was awesome. No authentic sound issues. Some of the amplification was weird last year but I don't think that was just because of where we were sitting.

Liked the 600s so much We are near the front of 640 at semifinals this year. I like having the visual and usually get the close up opportunity in Massillon a few days before for most of the top corps.

If you have to let go of the 640 tickets, please let me know. Thanks.

For the past 2 championships or so, I've taken a snapshot of the field from my seat and added it to a notes app with the seat details. It's helped a lot with choosing seats. 

If you get anything besides 39,40 or 41 section then you're going to be outside the 30's. 140 is field level 50, 640 is nosebleed 50. There's really no great place to sit for acoustics. As far as overhangs, if you sit in the last six or seven rows of the 600's then there is one, but it doesn't obstruct the field. I would avoid the first five rows of the 600's too, because you'll be watching the shows through plexiglass. Also, if the person in front of you decides to lean forward during the shows you will not be able to see anything. We usually sit up high for semis then lower for finals. Don't try to buy tickets for Indy through DCI. Go to each corps web sites and see what they have available. 

11 hours ago, tommynev said:

If you get anything besides 39,40 or 41 section then you're going to be outside the 30's. 140 is field level 50, 640 is nosebleed 50. There's really no great place to sit for acoustics. As far as overhangs, if you sit in the last six or seven rows of the 600's then there is one, but it doesn't obstruct the field. I would avoid the first five rows of the 600's too, because you'll be watching the shows through plexiglass. Also, if the person in front of you decides to lean forward during the shows you will not be able to see anything. We usually sit up high for semis then lower for finals. Don't try to buy tickets for Indy through DCI. Go to each corps web sites and see what they have available. 

I couldn't find a detailed seating chart online. I seem to remember the 641 or 639 sections and such go to row 21, correct? So in those sections I should only look at seats in rows 1-14? Thanks for the help.

21 hours ago, DAvery said:

I couldn't find a detailed seating chart online. I seem to remember the 641 or 639 sections and such go to row 21, correct? So in those sections I should only look at seats in rows 1-14? Thanks for the help.

Stay away from rows 1-3 the higher in the stadium you go. The plexi=glass protectors (no jumping over or falling off) distort the field view when you sit back in your seat. In some of the level 600 sections, sound also gets distorted or at least minimized by them. Rows 1-3 are also the ones seat-poachers tend to fill in from observation. Who needs added hassles at the cost of those tickets?

Edited by xandandl